• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Figured I'd ask the braintrust here, but what kind of bayonet does a 1965 Chinese SKS take? I also need to find a bayonet handle and the lug (bolt?) to attach it to the bayonet lug on the barrel.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If you still have the original wood stock, a blade bayonet will have a narrow cut in the stock. Roughly 3/16 inch wide.

The three sided cruciform bayonet requires a wide channel. Roughly a 1/2 inch wide.

Is your rear sling swivel side mounted or bottom mounted on the butt stock? If it's a side mount, it may be a Sino-Soviet.

Sino-Soviet's get blade bayonets.

Jul 1, 2012
    this is a minty all-matched chinese bring-back, 1966 ... 3-sided
    can take more detail pics if desired

Attachments

• bayo.jpg
      bayo.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 373
    • Bayo2.jpg
      Bayo2.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 362

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks guys! I have a blade and spike bayonet, from a sweet karma on here and needed to know which one I should use. Up next is the handle. Are the handles different from the spike to the blade?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There are no handles.

The muzzle ring/spring housing should be the same for blade and spike.

They are spring loaded and flip down/rotate up and slip over the muzzle.

Neat design and strong. You'll need a bayonet, spring housing, spring, and lug screw.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    0ed7e28fd3e173f5da7e7504e397907f.jpg

So that is the bayonet cutout on the stock. Mind you, this is how I bought the rifle in 2008. No bayonet on it, but it did have the cleaning kit in the stock.

82a2c4dd24381ad948a9af056c6afba2.jpg

As you can see, both bayonets are a tad longer than what I need.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That blade bayonet is also a Yugoslavian one, which is longer than the Russian, Chinese, etc blade bayonets. The proper blade bayonet has the fuller running all the way down to the base of the blade.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Based upon the blood grooves, I think it is a Russian SKS bayonet. On the M44, the blood grooves appear to be longer. Admittedly, they are very similar and difficult to tell apart. One way to be sure is to see if it fits inside the lug without force. The M44 bayonet has a slightly wider shank and will fit on an SKS, but you will need to force it into the lug by spreading it a bit.

And the only thing I am sure of is that noone makes it out of this life, alive! :)

I have done a lot of research on these bayonets lately, as I need a spike bayonet to complete my SKS and want to be sure I get the correct one. I am fortunate my dad recently gave me one that has the National Security Forces markings but he had it in a folding stock and has lost the bayonet somewhere in his house. With all of the junk he has everywhere, there is little hope of finding it anytime soon. At least he did have the original stock and fore grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom