• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I could not find a thread on this specific vendor so I will ask here.
    I have opened an account with Century Arms and their pricing seems great.
    Because I am seriously considering a purchase, I was wondering what experiences others have had when purchasing from them.
    Are you receiving excellent items when described as such, or just good to very good?
    I have seen a couple of posts complaining of poor packaging and damaged items followed by terrible customer service. I am sure there is always one or two problems with any seller, but would like to know if most are generally satisfied or feel a lot of butt pain after dealing with them.
    Thanks in advance, folks!

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So I'll toss in my two cents and note I haven't ordered anything from them in a few years.

Getting my FFL associated with my account required some effort on my part, but it got done. They were slow to ship, but the items were as described. Shipping rates if you are buying in bulk is pretty good (free in some cases). I did notice they recently updated the shipping policy. If buying from the surplus area pics are thin at best. But you can sometimes find a good deal.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure experiences vary.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I had to open an account by sending them a copy of my C&R, phone number, and email info. Then I could log in with the ID and password they sent to me via email.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Well, I was looking at getting a P64 in a week or so. I just checked their site today and the only ones still available are missing parts. I am glad I didn't order one in "excellent" condition from them this week. Probably would have been disappointed. Looks like they did not have as many available as they would have me think.

I haven't found as much information on some sellers as I would like. I recently got my C&R so I have tons to learn about which sellers are best.

I may just buy one from Classic if they still have them next week. Pricing is about the same when shipping and the extra magazine are considered.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    SOG (Southern Ohio Guns) has a bunch of P64s. I like SOG, I had a problem once, they made it right immediately.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My Century CETME, purchased new from some online vendor, required a new bolt, as the original looked like it was shot full auto for a decade or so. No more Century or their drunken monkeys for me.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I use to purchase from them. You can get very frustrated if you try to deal with everything online. I had to call them up to get my license on file. Once I called them, it was done in a day. I would find what I wanted on their website, then call my rep and place my order. It really made things go smooth. I had one issue with a Star B and they handled it quickly. They don't seem to have much C&R these days.

Jul 1, 2012
    Ain't sure about relevance, but CAI ain't kind at all to C&R stuff where import marks are concerned.

No kidding!
    At least this one is more or less straight, but they boogered up a really rare Portuguese Contract P.38
    Only saving grace value-wise is that ALL of these GNR pistols are marked like that (yes I thought it said "C-N-R" at first!).
    This one is pretty rough anyway and was dirt cheap but it still hurts to look at it.

Attachments

• Drunk Monkey.jpg
      Drunk Monkey.jpg
      72 KB · Views: 448

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    In their defense, it is the idiot politicians that require the markings.

I appreciate the input gents. It is nice to have access to such a large community of experienced individuals.

Still have quite a bit to learn about this new hobby. My desire for nice looking, functional guns is high but the budget is always tight, so I have to minimize my risk when possible.

After I get a P64, I may look to Century for some "You fix me" projects. Looks like they may have some values in that area. At least I would be expecting less that perfection on those.

Jul 1, 2012
    The "politicians" may require a marking, but they don't require it to be a huge mess applied by drunk monkeys :)
    Simpson, for instance, applies a very small, discrete marking on the mag well lip or other unobtrusive place.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I have no problems with Century other than the billboard markings on some of their stuff. As someone else said, call up with your order, don't try to do it all online. Egwin Jusoh is the rep I always deal with (if he's still there, haven't talked to him in about 2 years or so). And he's always taken care of me. Here's the great thing about them, dealer pricing applies to C&R holders on EVERYTHING! I wanted an Arcus (Hi Power Clone, non C&R) and bought one from them at dealer pricing and had it shipped to a local "kitchen table" FFL where I paid $20 for the transfer. They even shipped my two mags to a buddy in a different state for just a couple extra bucks. This was when everyone else was still saying they wouldn't sell/ship to MD because of FSA2013. Got my FAL receiver from them as well when I built that prior to the ban. Don't expect a polished website or anything, but they aren't bad to deal with.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Bought a CETME with the stainless steel reciever from them about 15 years ago. I was very pleased when I picked it up from the FFL. the wood stock and handgaurd were absolutely beautiful, the metal finish was superb.

Infact, if i had to be picky, the only thing wrong with the rifle was that I had 15 failures to feed out of a 20 round mag...That's all!:D

I contacted Century and had my FFL send it back to them. They replaced it pretty fast.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Depends what it is. They make some really shody franken guns and they have made some decent stuff. Most of their import marks are less crazy than those by say "PW Arms".

As for the C&R stuff its pretty much what it is, I haven't gotten a lot directly but generally would say they grade about the same as SOG and others.

Really depends what you are buying.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    My Century CETME, purchased new from some online vendor, required a new bolt, as the original looked like it was shot full auto for a decade or so. No more Century or their drunken monkeys for me.

Apples and oranges.

Although Century Arms, Inc. and Century International Arms, Inc. are affiliates, the OP is asking about purchasing directly from the former at http://www.centuryarms.biz/. You purchased a rifle through an unrelated vendor imported by the latter.

I have made several purchases from Century Arms, Inc. (including a Star B) and have always been pleased, although I've never purchased a rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom