• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    It's not just Maryland. If you look at a similar map of the U.S it looks almost the same. A vast majority of the country is red, but the really high population density area's are blue. Democrat politicians are like drug dealers. Once you get people hooked on your product (welfare, drugs, obamaphones) you have a supporter/buyer for the rest of their lives.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Problem is that all the population centers are Blue. Additionally the Dems really worked the gerrymandering so that more Dems can get elected into the state legislature and control the state. That's why I moved up to Frederick County. It's mostly red.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Don't look now, but it won't take long before the crime and killing that we see in Charm City invades PG and Monkey counties. The transition that has taken place with the influx of Zulus, Illegals and Others has placed a tremendous load on law enforcement, housing, the education system (oh what a farce) and all other systems. Twas proven long ago that sanctuaries do not work so when you invite criminals into your hoods, the outcome is never tolerable for very long.

Lew--Ranger63

You been getting into Black Bart's stash?!!

;)

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Virginia is in the same boat. It's sad to see 2 to 3 counties control the outcome of the entire state.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    On my way to Man Up Mondays, I passed an old crippled couple exiting the Senate building, waiting for their ride. I heard the wife say to her husband "What do those signs say?" I stopped and interjected that they were pro 2A signs lambasting democrats for trampling our rights. She said that if we could just get rid of Montgomery County, PG county, and Baltimore, that this state would be all right. As far as 2A goes, she couldn't be more right.

Note to all members near Annapolis. Please make an effort to show-up and be heard! I spend 2 hours on the road to be at Lawyer's Mall for 45 Minutes as the elected officials walk from their offices to the General Assembly on Monday nights. It is great fun!

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    It's not just Maryland. If you look at a similar map of the U.S it looks almost the same. A vast majority of the country is red, but the really high population density area's are blue. Democrat politicians are like drug dealers. Once you get people hooked on your product (welfare, drugs, obamaphones) you have a supporter/buyer for the rest of their lives.

Well said Sir:thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Much like the US map, MD is mostly Republican territory. As the saying goes, it's a shame a few have to ruin it for all."

http://senatorstevewaugh.com

The map (red = top tier republican winner in 2014 and 2016, blue = dem top tier winner in 2014 and 2016, white = flipped one way or the other between the 2 election years):

The problem is acually worse than this map makes it appear. The Dems have scattered those densely populated blue area votes around to gerrymander and cripple this state.

Maybe we need to end the gerrymandering and clean up our electorial districts to reflect the actual communities they represent.

Exactly!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If you are not registered or don't vote, shame on you. Please do, it's easy and perhaps the most important thing you can do. I consider it a civic duty.

Know your voting district and your elected officials. Visiting your representatives in person is best, make an appointment to meet them in their office, or speak up at a town hall where they will be attending. Mailed - Hand written letters get the next highest attention. Telephone calls then mailed typed letters, and emails come in last in the influence spectrum.

Consider running for office yourself, it's not as hard as you might think. At least find a candidate you like and support them.

If you haven't voted in years because your district is so heavily gerrymandered your vote no longer matters, consider the advantages of going DINO: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190211

If you live in those blue areas, generally along the I95 corridor through Maryland, your only hope to help is to register as a Democrat and vote in the Democrat only Primary election - AGAINST the incumbent Democrat. You can still vote in the General election for the overall best candidate, who typically is a conservative.

Check out that DINO thread, and join the thousands of us. In some districts, we only need a couple thousand votes to break up this monopoly, this gerrymandering. Way fewer people vote in the non-Presidential election years, even fewer showup to vote during the Primary election. Your vote will matter most in 2018 at the Democrat Primary.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    The problem is those red areas have tiny population compared to the blue areas.

Until someone overturns this case, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_v._Sims, all state legislatures have to be divided by population.

If corn stalks could vote, Maryland would be in good shape. Unfortunately the vast majority of the voters are in the blue areas.

from the case link
    The eight justices who struck down state senate inequality based their decision on the principle of “one person, one vote”. In his majority decision, Chief Justice Earl Warren said “Legislators represent people, not trees or acres. Legislators are elected by voters, not farms or cities or economic interests.”

I think our only hope for this country is to fight to end the vote buying with tax revenue, AKA LBJ's great society vote-buying scheme. If the gimme group could be made to loose their vote while on the take, it will weaken that voting block.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Problem is that the blue areas are where most of the state residents reside. Or, the ones that vote in general elections, anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom