Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    On the bright side, my written testimony from last year about SB0947 just needs a date and bill number change.

Would you mind posting that up, or PM'ing me? I'd like to fire off some mails and usually find some good references or better phrases in others letters.

Mine usually tend to start out with "You mouth breathing fvcking morons" and that's just not a positive way to go. Most times.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Would you mind posting that up, or PM'ing me? I'd like to fire off some mails and usually find some good references or better phrases in others letters.

Mine usually tend to start out with "You mouth breathing fvcking morons" and that's just not a positive way to go. Most times.

PM inbound.

As to "You mouth breathing fvcking morons," I have always believed it is the thought behind the letter which counts. Most times.

gwoods4013

Oct 3, 2016
    Western Howard County
    Link to*SB0948* http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=bxywvxzab.0.0.p85wsocab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=sb0948&tab=subject3&ys=2017RS

Rifles & Shotguns - Secondary Transactions

SB0948*will require that you'll need to go to an FFL*to do a secondary Long Gun transfer.

In my opinion, this is a very short step to an HQL for Long Guns. IF we trust our Maryland Legislators, then we have nothing to worry about do we?
    Text of the Bill http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=bxywvxzab.0.0.p85wsocab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2017RS/bills/sb/sb0948f.pdf

Synopsis: (Licensee is an FFL)

Providing that a person who is not a specified licensee may not complete the transfer of a specified rifle or shotgun as transferor or transferee, except under specified circumstances; requiring, before a specified transfer is conducted, the transferor and transferee to meet jointly with a specified licensee and request that the licensee facilitate the transfer; requiring a licensee to take specified actions when facilitating a transfer; etc.

Judicial Sponsors:*Senators*Smith,*Madaleno,*Currie,*
    Guzzone,*Kagan,*King,*McFadden,*Nathan-Pulliam,*
    Robinson,*Rosapepe,*Young, and*Zucker

Here is what the Bill implies:*
    Gary wants to sell a shotgun to Tim. Gary and Tim head down to the local dealer, *Bob's Guns and BBQ. Gary hands the shotgun to Bob. Tim does a BATFE*4473. Bob enters the shotgun into his acquisition and disposition book, *calls in the NICS check on Tim. NICS *comes back proceed, *Bob hands the shotgun to Tim, and Bob charges a fee for his services.*

The next step is to make your VOICES HEARD.*

Here's what you tell your Rep in an email or call:*This Bill criminalizes private transfers, adds additional costs, and does nothing to address real crime problems.*

PLEASE contact the members of the Judicial Proceedings and politely request that they oppose this bill. The members of the Judicial Proceedings may be contacted from the Committee page on the Maryland General Assembly Website* http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=bxywvxzab.0.0.p85wsocab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jpr&tab=subject7&ys=2017RS

OR you can use the NRA ILA link http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=bxywvxzab.0.0.p85wsocab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1469

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Look at the penalty...

This seems to be their real motivation.

A PERSON WHO VIOLATES THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND ON
    CONVICTION IS SUBJECT TO IMPRISONMENT NOT EXCEEDING 5 YEARS OR A FINE
    NOT EXCEEDING $10,000 OR BOTH

Same old games:(

Just noticed something...

"is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction"???

Is that standard language, or does it further illustrate their presumption that "Guns are bad, m'kay..."?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Maybe the hunters (not going to use the F word), will finally realize we are in this fight together.

Looks like we need to swarm Annapolis to keep our rights again. Why does the Liberal Triangle try to take rights of the law-abiding?

Damn right we need to swarm, so put your boots on the Bricks to fight the Long Gun Transfer bill, which is another Leftist attack on the Constitution!

Tomorrow morning(Thursday) at 9am join a Patriot Picket to shame the Maryland Hunting Coalition (MHC) into action. They are massing their group tomorrow at Lawyer's Mall just as we did yesterday, except they don't want to talk about this Long Gun Transfer bill--only their hunting rights. That's bulls!t!

Last year the MHC picked a fight with The Patriot Picket, claiming that only THEY represented the best interests and hunters and/or other gun owners. The MHC received hundreds of comments demanding that they support GUN RIGHTS FOR ALL GUN OWNERS, and to cease attacking The Patriot Picket for defending all gun owners, including hunters, in Annapolis. Sadly, the Maryland Hunting Coalition has a VERY short memory. They have yet to mention the Long Gun Transfer bill on their Facebook page.

This 'hunting coalition"--which claims to represent Maryland's hunters--will publicly lobby tomorrow for a DEER MANAGEMENT BILL! . Last year, when they did not step up, WE DID, and became the "real hunters" in the media when MHC wouldn't! (see the pic below)

The MHC is meeting up at the Navy Stadium Parking lot in the morning and then will walk-- or ride over in their fancy MHC bus--to Lawyers Mall for their rally at 9am.

Starting at 7am, The Patriot Picket will be at Rowe Blvd and Taylor Avenue,--our traditional spot for traffic sign waving one block from the Navy Stadium-- to catch the "united hunters" as they arrive to park at the Stadium.

We will then move at 8:40am to get to the sidewalk at Lawyers Mall with the signs you see below to confront the Maryland Hunting Coalition for ignoring this crisis while celebrating successes in the quest for hunting privileges and carve outs just for their members. We are talking about the F word here, I'm afraid.

Show what you are made of IN PERSON on this Long Gun Transfer crisis. Layer up and join us at Lawyer's Mall at 9am!

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
      IMG_2906.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 383
    Last edited:

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Look at the penalty...

This seems to be their real motivation.

Same old games:(

Just noticed something...

"is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction"???

Is that standard language, or does it further illustrate their presumption that "Guns are bad, m'kay..."?

Yep. That seems to be the point. Lose your firearm rights with this type of charge.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    That right there is called: Gun Owners Being Our Own Worst Enemies.

But let's answer every questionable question. Whether it screws us down the road or not.

In the name of trying to follow the law.

seriously? The guy had a serious question on selling a bolt action rifle and a shotgun. He wanted to make sure he did it legally. The whole purpose of this forum is so that gun owners can help each other out either with technical issues or legal issues.

Lighten up Francis.

I know. SMFH.

Attachments

• tinfoil2.jpg
      tinfoil2.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 386

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Tomorrow morning(Thursday) join a Patriot Picket to shame the Maryland Hunting Coalition (MHC) into action. They are massing their group tomorrow at Lawyer's Mall just as we did yesterday, except they don't want to talk about this Long Gun Transfer bill--only their hunting rights. That's bulls!t!

Really? I'm sorry but how much more in denial can you be. The enemy is KNOCKING AT THE DOOR. The big bad wolf isn't dressed up as grandma anymore. It's showing it's colors.

I guess they need time to accept that they've been lied to for years, but time is something we don't have.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Raineman sent me this "PLEA TO ALL GUN OWNERS"....BRAVO!

"House bill 159 restricts "campus carry" on college owned property. Not all of which are advertised as being owned by them. An infraction of which would carry a 3 year sentence which would disqualify you federally from EVER owning a firearm again. This would include YOU driving to YOUR hunting property over an undisclosed piece of property that just happens to be owned by a college stakeholder/entity and being pulled over for a broken taillight or tag light on such property with your hunting weapon in the trunk of your vehicle. You would be disarmed for LIFE. Not to mention the fact that women who have been attacked on campuses and acquired their concealed carry permits because of it to further protect themselves would now be disarmed and forced to be victims again.

House bill 318 seeks to re-classify your black powder and/or antique firearms (which is federally almost impossible) and would make you have to register them and also go through the Maryland registration process of a regulated firearm to purchase one.

This is Delegate Dumais personal pet project of tyranny because ONE whacked out nut job committed murder with a black powder pistol in her district. It is a burden on all law abiding hunters and gun owners in the state and will never accomplish solving or preventing a crime of violence EVER.

It needs to be fought, and YOU need to protect YOUR rights by doing so.

(And you will never hear the Maryland Hunting Coalition telling you any of this. They will never tell hunters how they are being used. They will never tell you that YOU are being used as pawns in the much larger game of disarming all of us)

The 2nd Amendment guarantees nothing about your hunting rights. Once they get YOUR guns, YOU will be even more irrelevant to them and they'll come after YOUR bows and knives.

Yeah MHC, I went there."

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
      IMG_3046.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 370

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here's the Maryland Hunting Coalition Facebook page, where there are NO CALLS to oppose the Long Gun Transfer bill!

The Long Gun Transfer bill dropped last night. Look at their top line interests...

Attachments

• IMG_6719.jpg
      IMG_6719.jpg
      113.4 KB · Views: 342

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Notice halfway down commenter Tom McGraw posts "Alert SB 948" and writes: "All long gun transfers must go through regulated firearms dealers. Defines "transfer" under Maryland law to include loaning and borrowing, and prohibits that except at shooting ranges. You should be pissed."

The following commenter says "Nobody cares here..."

So does MHC Executive Director Allan Ellis respond with an action plan, or even an explanation? Nope! Crickets from him and his members!

Attachments

• IMG_6720.jpg
      IMG_6720.jpg
      103.6 KB · Views: 344

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here is the Maryland Hunting Coalition rally flyer. Does it look like they can see beyond their Ghost Ring sights?

Attachments

• IMG_6716.jpg
      IMG_6716.jpg
      96.7 KB · Views: 337

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'll be at the Great American outdoor show in the am are there any questions I can ask the NRA about the fact we are losing MD?

Thanks for your work Rack -n- company.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'll be at the Great American outdoor show in the am are there any questions I can ask the NRA about the fact we are losing MD?

Thanks for your work Rack -n- company.

At 9:43 this morning, I received the NRA-ILA email alert about the Long Gun Transfer bill--or LGT bill as we likely abbreviate going forward.

And we know MD NRA-ILA rep Shannon Alford will be stalking the halls with MSI President Mark Pennak to fight this infringement on our 2Nd Amendment.

And as someone else noted: and LGT law will invariably lead to an LGQL law!

The Patriot Picket will work the outside game while our leaders and individual members here work the inside game. Time for all hands to suit up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom