• ...and so much more!
  • mvnvltn

The Devils Advocate
    Feb 28, 2013
    Maryland
    Maryland Militia ? (updated)

From Delegate Don Dwyer

Dear Maryland Patriots,

I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the “Voluntary Militia”. That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes “a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government.”

Please know that I am NOT calling for insurrection of any kind, I am simply calling for you to join me in establishing an organized effort to establish a Voluntary Militia in every county of the state.

If you are interested in enlisting in the voluntary militia please join my email list and select the Militia option by sending a text msg to joindon to 22828 or visit my fans page and join my list there. Further instructions will follow. You will receive a phone call from me regarding your commitment to serve.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=a.74024105998.73444.506390998&type=1&theater

Gazzette article on it

"I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the 'Voluntary Militia.' That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes 'a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government."

http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryl...-839a-8371f37d9dc3.html#.UVycr3i3u8Y.facebook

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I thought any non-state sanctioned militia was illegal in MD? Hence why we have the National Guard and the MDDF.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I thought any non-state sanctioned militia was illegal in MD? Hence why we have the National Guard and the MDDF.

I doubt the law that forbids all but a "state-sanctioned militia" has ever been tested in court.

I don't see how any government entity can preempt the right of the people.

What if the government decided to enact a law, saying "only state-owned media is to be permitted freedom of speech"?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A large number of people responding to this militia idea would certainly send a message....

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I thought militias were banned in maryland...but I will consider that state support

No, just the weapons. The Maryland Militia will look a little silly carrying these.
    hello-kitty-keltec-gun.jpg

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    An UNORGANIZED militia should be 100% legal and doesn't consist of only members bearing arms. Anyone supporting the "effort" are also part of the militia.

We can be "well regulated" without be considered "organized". Look it up!

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I doubt the law that forbids all but a "state-sanctioned militia" has ever been tested in court.

I don't see how any government entity can preempt the right of the people.

What if the government decided to enact a law, saying "only state-owned media is to be permitted freedom of speech"?

Given current events, that made me laugh :D (Not laughing at you, just seems so ironic)

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    From Delegate Don Dwyer

Dear Maryland Patriots,

I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the “Voluntary Militia”. That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes “a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government.”

Please know that I am NOT calling for insurrection of any kind, I am simply calling for you to join me in establishing an organized effort to establish a Voluntary Militia in every county of the state.

If you are interested in enlisting in the voluntary militia please join my email list and select the Militia option by sending a text msg to joindon to 22828 or visit my fans page and join my list there. Further instructions will follow. You will receive a phone call from me regarding your commitment to serve.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=a.74024105998.73444.506390998&type=1&theater

Gazzette article on it

"I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the 'Voluntary Militia.' That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes 'a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government."

http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryl...-839a-8371f37d9dc3.html#.UVycr3i3u8Y.facebook

Does Dwyer fall under the habitual drunkard standard?

This was posted on his facebook page by the delegate:
    Don Dwyer It was just revealed that you SHOULD NOT txt to join this list.

From Delegate Don Dwyer

Dear Maryland Patriots,

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    On a serious note. How much you want to bet everyone who signs up goes on a watchlist and then no fly then officially branded a domestic terrorist. That would be the fair and common sense approach to a non-governmental militia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom