• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    So I did some digging and the domain sending the emails is 'Mailchimp' based out of Atlanta Ga. I feel better now, I was afraid it was Russian Hackers trying to gain access to my emails. As long as it's not them Russkies I'm in.

:D

Dec 31, 2012
    Didn't they do a similar promotion a few years ago? (edit: it was sportsman outdoor superstore I was thinking of)

Not likely a scam but you will have to give permission to be in their promotions. Nothing is really free.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Alan and aray, if I win, I will gift you 1000 rounds each, plus a roll of tin foil. :D

Same for you newmuzzleloader if you chose to not enter after all. :cool:

Eruby, you are too kind. I hope you win!

BTW, I hear some tin foil have embedded GPS microchips. Be careful out there.

So I did some digging and the domain sending the emails is 'Mailchimp' based out of Atlanta Ga. I feel better now, I was afraid it was Russian Hackers trying to gain access to my emails. As long as it's not them Russkies I'm in.

:D

Mailchimp is a genuine ..err.. I will use the term *subcontractor* for businesses that use websites on the net to do business. Its a widely used practice and well known provider.

Helps small businesses to get a better site on the web much like they do when they want to sell something and use a different *subcontractor* to put up a shopping cart that is secure to protect all our purchases online.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Mailchimp is a genuine ..err.. I will use the term *subcontractor* for businesses that use websites on the net to do business. Its a widely used practice and well known provider.

Helps small businesses to get a better site on the web much like they do when they want to sell something and use a different *subcontractor* to put up a shopping cart that is secure to protect all our purchases online.

:thumbsup:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I'm leaning towards scam. Did anyone actually get the email where you're supposed to confirm your email address? I went through the process twice and never got the email. I do expect hundreds of crap emails now.
    yes i got one. i suspect that they are just collecting for a mailing list.
    i just use my junk email account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom