• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oombop

Dec 30, 2016
    Does anyone know of any gun shops on the eastern shore that sell older milsurp rifles. I'm looking for either a Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 or No1 Mk3 that has not been sporterized.

Last edited:

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I'd suggest you call Steele's in Delaware, halfway between Georgetown and Rehobeth. They have a decent stock of older milsurps, although I'm not sure if they have any Enfields at the moment.

Joe

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I'm on the eastern shore and I'm looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of enfields. I just picked up a 1943 long branch a few weeks ago and would like to have someone look at it prior to shooting it.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I'm on the eastern shore and I'm looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of enfields. I just picked up a 1943 long branch a few weeks ago and would like to have someone look at it prior to shooting it.

Check the headspace an have fun. PM me an I'll dig out my headspace gauges.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Cool and thanks. Where are you at on the shore? I picked this up from an auction a few weeks ago and did not know too much about them until a few days before. Also I believe it is a numbers matching gun as the wood, bolt and receiver have the same numbers stamped on them. I'll try to post a few pics.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not eastern shore but A1 had a couple last time I was there. Also there are a couple people who recently posted some in the classifieds, don't know I they sold. I am thinking of a gentleman who had a really nice Savage lend lease gun.

Did I read this right that you are looking for one that "has been sporterized?".

Oombop

Dec 30, 2016
    Thank you guys for all the feed back. I'm gonna take a drive down to Steeles today and sorry for the sporterized confusion, I meant to say that has not been and I fixed that sentence in the original post

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom