• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Another example would be the Bateman's right off of Aquahart road in Glen Burnie. The last three times I went there I received bad service and/or food, and I go out to eat infrequently enough that when I do go out, I want it to be good and enjoyable, and I'll stop going places where that's not happening.

Batemans closed last week. It's about time. I'll miss the lemon pepper wings though, but not the awful service.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Batemans closed last week. It's about time. I'll miss the lemon pepper wings though, but not the awful service.
    I'm not surprised - with Mission BBQ and Outback Steakhouse in the same shopping center (although I'm personally not really a fan of the Outback, it does good business) which offers superior food and service, they lost out.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Maybe there IS a God!!!;)

Always hated going there. All one time!!

Bar 'manager' tried to tell me the watered down rotgut they brought me was the Maker's Mark I ordered.

Among other issues, we ended up leaving before the meal.

I went there 3 times I think. Once when they first opened, everything was fine. Then later for a happy hour, which was eh. And again and service and food were terrible. We never went back. I would rather eat at the sunset across the street, which has gotten better, still not very good though, but good enough to go once in a blue moon.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    ...but it's not. It burned some years ago and was totally remodeled. That was well after 1977.

Oh.
    My wife and I have gone there twice in the last three years. When I walked in there it reminded me so much of what it looked like the first time, I assumed nothing had changed. You know? That 1960's look.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Oh.
    My wife and I have gone there twice in the last three years. When I walked in there it reminded me so much of what it looked like the first time, I assumed nothing had changed. You know? That 1960's look.

LOL ! Some things never change !!

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    I live in Glen Burnie and I have not been to On Target or Select Fire.I been to a range in PG Co.,Maryland Small Arms Range.They are very friendly and helpful. As a new shooter they helped me get my AR zeroed in. Before I entered the firing lane they checked my weapon and added some lub to the BCG.The only down side for me is the 40+ mile drive and the 301 traffic.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I live in Glen Burnie and I have not been to On Target or Select Fire.I been to a range in PG Co.,Maryland Small Arms Range.They are very friendly and helpful. As a new shooter they helped me get my AR zeroed in. Before I entered the firing lane they checked my weapon and added some lub to the BCG.The only down side for me is the 40+ mile drive and the 301 traffic.

Try Free State it's only 20 miles or so and there a IP

In spite of the bad reviews online and the less than stellar reputation they have based on my mdshooters search of old threads I was thinking about going to Select Fire in Glen Burnie. The place is just so close it would save me a lot of time.

I see on their web site that you can shoot 5.56 and 762.39 but only if you use their ammo (frangible) and only if your gun has a sighting system. What do they mean by sighting system. I mean, I just have iron sights on both of my guns. Do they require you to have a scope or something?

Thanks for any info.
    If you're in the Frederick Area and have 3 friends with you, why not go to Spartan Tactical & Police Supply and shoot each other with UTM civilian training ammo and either ARs, glocks, sigs or both, while learning CQB drills. Cheaper than a couple hours at the range.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I just noticed that "On Target" is close too - but it does it does not look like they allow rifles - not sure - anyone been there?

On Target allows rifles if they're in a pistol cartridge (.22LR, .22WMR, 9mm, etc.), but otherwise they're only set up for pistols. Nice range, though, if a little dated. Their rates for rentals and shooting are great, too.

jskello

Oct 23, 2016
    Bowie MD
    I work 5 minutes from Select Fire and, prior to having an outdoor place to shoot, would go there 2-3 times per month. Still go in the Winter off and on. Not the friendliest place but I had no problems. Lunchtime M-F there would rarely be more than 2 other lanes in use.
    Where do you shoot outside. I want to do this badly!!!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Where do you shoot outside. I want to do this badly!!!

Depends on what you want to shoot.

AGC In Marriottsville has public Trap shooting I think Sundays and Wednesday. Check their website. If you want to shoot paper targets at the 50,100 or 200 yd lanes you'll need to join a club there and then join AGC. Thats about $200/yr.

Loch Raven Skeet is open to the public.

DelMarVa sporting clays near Cambridge charges $20 for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom