• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    got 2 awesome rain barrels for $50ea today at The Avenue in White Marsh:party29: they have a tractor trailer loaded with rain barrels and another loaded with compost bins for $35.

Attachments

• rain.jpg
      rain.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 548
    • rain2.jpg
      rain2.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 553

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I got one last year at the same event. Should have gotten another this year. They fill up fast during even small storms.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Useless? I look forward to watering my nearby plants. Seems a personal problem not a systematic problem with rain barrels.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Useless? I look forward to watering my nearby plants. Seems a personal problem not a systematic problem with rain barrels.

I do not find the concept of rain barrels to be useless. I find the design and implementation of the ones that came with my house to be useless..... and yes, I'm working on a solution that will hopefully bring them up to some level that rises above **** on a bull.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    They are 100% useless. I'm thinking about making a youtube video about it but I need to confirm how many cusswords I'm allowed to use as adjectives.

What's your set up BB? Learn from the mistakes....?

This.

Why are they useless BB?

Is it these models in particular or rainbarrels in general?

I've been thinking about adding one of these for plant watering.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    my experience with these is that they are hard to use. they don't have enough height to develop pressure to fill a watering can sitting next to them. When you open the valve you only get a tiny trickle out the bottom. If your garden is at all uphill, forget about trying to use a hose to water your plants.

Lastly, you have to drain them and turn them upside down every winter to keep them from filling with water, freezing, and splitting. Mine lasted about 10 months before the plastic got brittle from UV exposure and the hose bib snapped off, dumping all the water against our foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom