• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Any insight on the B14 HMR... looking at this for next purchase any OPINIONS welcomed...

Attachments

• bergarab1401.jpg
      bergarab1401.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 3,005

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I researched these rifles a bit but don't have any personal experience with them. I like this rifle for several reasons: It's got a Remington 700 footprint, so you get lots of aftermarket support and it uses a barrel nut so you can swap barrels out yourself. Unfortunately, it has to be Bergara barrels, but not that big of a concern for me. The barrels are button-cut and it has a mini-chassis, so depending on your tastes, those might be deal breakers. All-in-all, I think it's a no brainer if you're looking to get a solid rifle for a good price.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I researched these rifles a bit but don't have any personal experience with them. I like this rifle for several reasons: It's got a Remington 700 footprint, so you get lots of aftermarket support and it uses a barrel nut so you can swap barrels out yourself. Unfortunately, it has to be Bergara barrels, but not that big of a concern for me. The barrels are button-cut and it has a mini-chassis, so depending on your tastes, those might be deal breakers. All-in-all, I think it's a no brainer if you're looking to get a solid rifle for a good price.

Thanks, although the Barrel Nut is on the BMP model and if I go that route I will get the Ruger instead.

To note though the Prices for the B14HMR are reasonable in the $850 plus range.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    The reviews are starting to come in and they're all pretty darned good. This looks like it could be THE "budget" rifle to get people into PRS. One thing it has going for it over the CTR is it already uses AI mags.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    The reviews are starting to come in and they're all pretty darned good. This looks like it could be THE "budget" rifle to get people into PRS. One thing it has going for it over the CTR is it already uses AI mags.

Magpul no less and I have read those are better than the metal ones from AI...

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Does anyone know any LGS that has these? Lots of good press & reviews. I'd like to put my hands on one. Cabelas has been selling these for $949, Bass Pro just started carrying them $999 (not available in store at Arundel Mills). $850 would be better. I'd like to hear real local shooters' opinions of this rifle. A little apprehensive of the shorter barrel length on a "precision" rifle, even if it's a hybrid hunting/match rifle. Looks like a whole lotta rifle for the money, and I have a tough time letting go of "you get what you pay for".

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Does anyone know any LGS that has these? Lots of good press & reviews. I'd like to put my hands on one. Cabelas has been selling these for $949, Bass Pro just started carrying them $999 (not available in store at Arundel Mills). $850 would be better. I'd like to hear real local shooters' opinions of this rifle. A little apprehensive of the shorter barrel length on a "precision" rifle, even if it's a hybrid hunting/match rifle. Looks like a whole lotta rifle for the money, and I have a tough time letting go of "you get what you pay for".

I wouldn't worry about that as length has no bearing on accuracy (velocity, yes.), and honestly at most "Maryland distances" you wouldn't be able to really take advantage of the extra barrel velocity from the 6.5 anyway. From what I understand the barrel is considerably heavier than the Tikka CTR too, which is good.

The Bergara looks like a winner and something that will definitely give the Tikka a run for the money.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    2A Sales in Jessup had one on the wall last week when I stopped in. Give them a ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom