• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • starmetal

Apr 5, 2017
    I have a upper from Precision with kreger barrel it's stupid accurate it's a one hole gun at 100yds

That's what I would expect from a Krieger barrel, or a Lilja, or Bartlein, or LW, and some other top barrels. I can easily shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards with a variety of my sporter hunting rifles. One in fact I just got is a TC Compass in 308 and it's a very light weight barrel and even lighter weight polymer stock. Surprised how well that rig shoots.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Well after a lot of reading here, and arf.com, and 6.5 Grendel, I think I'm going with the Anderson Lite barrel, now need to decide 16" or 18", going to order on Friday.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Well after a lot of reading here, and arf.com, and 6.5 Grendel, I think I'm going with the Anderson Lite barrel, now need to decide 16" or 18", going to order on Friday.

Good choice! Hard to beat for the price too... :thumbsup:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have an Odin Works 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel, gas block, gas tube, and bolt on the way, along with a Spikes upper receiver from Joe Bobs. Will top it off with a Midwest Industries hand guard.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    I went with the Alexander Arms 16", and AA Bolt, no idea on lead time. Also ordered an ALG 12" hand guard, and a Aero stripped upper w/o forward assist. I got an A2 stock for my 5.56 build, but put it on this lower and like it, so it's probably going to stay.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    I've been weighing parts as they come in, looks like it's going to come in around 7lbs. with no optics or mag, (if the advertised weight of the barrel is correct). Thats a pound lighter than my 16" HBAR 5.56.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    IMG_0789.jpg

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I went to Blue Fins this afternoon and purchased another stripped lower, got the Aero. So I'm going to be collecting parts for my next build, this time it's going to be a 6.5 Grendel, probably 16". Any suggestions are welcome.
    So far I have the LPK (Stag). and a Larue grip. I'm looking at Alexander Arms barrels, but am open to suggestions.

Any reason you need another lower? Can't you just build a second upper? Not that I am against multiple AR platforms - I have 6, but my Grendel build is going to be shared with one of those.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Any reason you need another lower? Can't you just build a second upper? Not that I am against multiple AR platforms - I have 6, but my Grendel build is going to be shared with one of those.

Because, more? :innocent0

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dread, I saw your pics on the other thread, looks good. any idea on weight?

I am still waiting on the optic (which weighs 22 ounces). So that plus cantilever mount (6.7 ounces) , plus flash suppressor (2 ounces), current upper on one of my lowers with mag; 8 lbs and 11 ounces. :rolleyes: [edit - was wrong the first post]

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    The reason for the second lower is, I don't know, I just like building these things. I enjoy the process of finding parts, waiting for delivery, and putting them together. I'm older and it keeps me busy.
    I like the ALG hand guard but their colors are strange, this one is advertised as Gray, so I thought matching the color to use on the stock and grip wouldn't be a problem. Well I work at a Home Depot paint department and tried color matching, but no go, four different attempts not even close. It's kinda bronze gray in color and has a little metallic sheen to it, and our spectro just cant get it right.
    So know I'll have to come up with plan B.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The reason for the second lower is, I don't know, I just like building these things. I enjoy the process of finding parts, waiting for delivery, and putting them together. I'm older and it keeps me busy.
    I like the ALG hand guard but their colors are strange, this one is advertised as Gray, so I thought matching the color to use on the stock and grip wouldn't be a problem. Well I work at a Home Depot paint department and tried color matching, but no go, four different attempts not even close. It's kinda bronze gray in color and has a little metallic sheen to it, and our spectro just cant get it right.
    So know I'll have to come up with plan B.

I recommend Duracoat. Brownell's Alumahyde is also good.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Thanks Dread, I'll check them out, is yours a true gray?. I compared mine to a Magpul 10/22 stock I have in gray and not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom