• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I literally can't remember when the last homicide occurred in Burtonsville. But one happened last night. Passed the activity last night on the way home from the O's game. Must have just happened at the time because units were still arriving priority. They were all congregated in front of the house at the intersection of 198 and McKnew road, directly next to the bus stop on the east side. Last I heard them say on radio in the evening was the suspect ran into the woods. No idea if he/she/it has been apprehended yet

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/police-investigating-montgomery-county-death-as-homicide/306857701

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Plenty of killing going on just south of Burtonsville around Briggs Chaney road. At least two murders there this year.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hold up, that's not cool. I can be to Roy Rogers in 15 minutes without traffic. People are dying near my closest Rita's. Not cool.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...a47502e5046fb4c4!8m2!3d39.084206!4d-76.946284

But just across the 29 overpass it's totally safe and there is no Good and Substantial justification for a carry permit. And I'm sure that has nothing to do with why the Safeway store there is CLOSED. :sarcasm:

The Safeway was getting picked clean by shoplifters, regularly every day. Grandfather would stop there sometimes to get a couple things, and the manager told him the shoplifters were causing a HUGE loss. But yeah, the area doesn't help considering it's a toss up if you're gonna make it back to your car safely or not. The bank in the same parking lot was robbed two or three times within a couple months

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Suckage... I'll be passing through there regularly soon for a new gig in Columbia. I thought that area was cleanin up after the new shops went in at "Burtonsville Town Square" - Roy's, Turtle, etc.. Of course I start traveling there AFTER both LGS's close their doors. =(

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The girl who was found in the stairwell was in the building next to me where I used to live. Lets see their was a fatal stabbing in my parking lot, a drive by at a metro bus stop 1800ft from my front door, a murder at the entrance to Briggs Chaney and Castle Blvd. In the metro bus stop murder, the guy who was killed attempted to rob the wrong people before hand from what i hear. And I am disabled as well. Nope MSP said no G&S reason to carry...

Suckage... I'll be passing through there regularly soon for a new gig in Columbia. I thought that area was cleanin up after the new shops went in at "Burtonsville Town Square" - Roy's, Turtle, etc.. Of course I start traveling there AFTER both LGS's close their doors. =(

Burtonsville for the majority is fine. The only real time theres issues is the apartments on the east side of 29 at Blackburn . There hasn't been a homie-cide for a while.

Here's the update. Still no info on shooter, wondering if one of the people arrested was the shooter and there was no other person.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2016/08/24...ntifiedtwo-subjects-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    The Safeway was getting picked clean by shoplifters, regularly every day. Grandfather would stop there sometimes to get a couple things, and the manager told him the shoplifters were causing a HUGE loss. But yeah, the area doesn't help considering it's a toss up if you're gonna make it back to your car safely or not. The bank in the same parking lot was robbed two or three times within a couple months

That's what my wife tells me the neighbor said too. I stopped going there after they relocated the wine sales to Olney. That whole Greencastle to Blackburn area must be filled with Sect 8 occupants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom