• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Is this a unicorn or does it exist, I am looking for that gun as i have large hands but want a pocket type gun for CCW and want hammer less oh and not a 380

Any help appreciated

NOBODY

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Observation #1- The criteria mostly point to a small frame revolver, but the comment mentioning .380 then implies a semiauto.

Observation #2- Pocket carry and significantly large grips are inherently contradictory. You need to think thru your goals, and what is important to you. Your two most likely options are large grips upon a sub.compact gun to be carried in belt holster Or pocketable gun with grips somewhat larger/ more comfortable/ controlable, of comprmise size.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    How about the Ruger SP101 hammerless in .357 mag? I have one I'm thinking of putting in the classified section one of these days. It's one of those guns I just never shoot much.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you looked at a "Lady Smith" with grip fillers?

Attachments

• 163808_01_lg.jpg
      163808_01_lg.jpg
      29.3 KB · Views: 144

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What about the Kahr PM9 or PM45? Not huge grips, but large for the overall size of the firearm.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depending on what you mean by "large grip", a full grip won't work in a pocket. I pocket carry a G27G4, the grip is short, but fat, and has spacers to make it larger, it's about the largest pistol that can be realistically pocket carried. You can add G23mags and Xgrip sleeves for a full size grip, although as a reload or for belt carry. In a revolver, J-frame with Pachmayr compact grips is really comfortable to shoot, but probably not compact enough for pocket carry, boot grips, that most come with from the factory would be much better for pocket carry. The new crop of single stack polymer autos, G43, XDS, shield, etc are thinner and easier to pocket carry, the grip isn't "large", but it is far more comfortable than mouse guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom