• ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Yup, that's the place. I'd never hear of them but other guys said they were good, so I went for it. It's going along with a Black Hole weaponry barrel so I wanted something nicer. And that price is very fair.

Ha! I'm going with a black hole weaponry barrel too! I figure it's time to build it, prices aren't ever going to be cheaper IMO and if what I fear happens, happens it'll be a long time before prices return to where they are now.

-Jim

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I'm buying as much as I can now.
    Funny how .22lr is starting to show up,,, at not tooooooo outrageous price.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    having noticed too much gouging yet, so getting what I can while I can before prices do start the upward trend, I have a feeling doesn't matter what November brings things are going to be chaotic

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't think there will be much of an uptick until October or so when polls start showing trump really behind. then the worrying will begin.

I don't know, he is already polling pretty terribly. I kind of have to figure only an eternal optimist or someone only listening to far right echo chamber "news", if they are being self honest, thinks he has much of a chance unless something changes dramatically. He is further behind at this point, by a lot, than any candidate who has ever ended up winning the presidential election. At least since modern polling has been a thing.

I wouldn't rule it out, but it seems like a pretty darned long shot

So I kind of feel like it'll take HRC making ridiculous statements about how she is going to ban all the guns, or Republicans losing the house and senate, to cause panic buying around the election.

Apr 15, 2013
    So I kind of feel like it'll take HRC making ridiculous statements about how she is going to ban all the guns, or Republicans losing the house and senate, to cause panic buying around the election.

I'd like to agree with you. But I've learned not to underestimate the buying power of anger and anxiety. Whatever, bring it- if teh big fear happens again, it'll give me a chance to sell of some of the stupid knee jerk stuff I got in the last big fear.

But damnit, I do still miss not getting that M1A....:envy:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Demand and scarcity drive price.

It is a law of economics that a lot of folks just can't grasp.

Dealers will raise prices when demand goes up and the availability of replacement inventory is in doubt; sorry but that is what has and will continue to happen.

Just wait and see what happens if it really starts to look like Hillary might win.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What would be interesting is pollsters declaring a certain Hillary win, but they miss the Shame Vote of people actually pulling the lever for Trump, with him winning.

The panic would be over, but I think all of October is going to be a rush to buy.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'd like to agree with you. But I've learned not to underestimate the buying power of anger and anxiety. Whatever, bring it- if teh big fear happens again, it'll give me a chance to sell of some of the stupid knee jerk stuff I got in the last big fear.

But damnit, I do still miss not getting that M1A....:envy:

Because you are human my friend. I have the excuse that I didn't own guns prior to 2015. I kick myself for not having bought an M1A...but I feel like I have a good excuse. My neighbor has owned guns for >10 years. I'd swear he tears up when talking about not having jumped on an M1A before FSA 2013.

Also why I finally got off the pot on an AR-15. I am a mini-14 guy. But I didn't want to get shut out and 10 years from now decide I want one and couldn't own one because of stupid new laws.

I've psyched myself up about owning an AR-15. I am male and human and not crazy, so yeah I watched all the 80s (and 90s) action movies. I've wanted one, but I don't really want the negativity the anti-gun set has on "black guns" and my wife was strongly against them (she found out the rifle I am building is an AR-15 and she is not thrilled, but she has begrudgingly accepted it without making me sleep on the couch). Also, I do really like mini-14s more than AR-15s. The modularity of a 15 and customizability appeals to me a HUGE amount. I am no prepper or worried about SHTF scenarios because I really don't think they'll happen. But just because I don't think so doesn't mean I don't have fun thinking about it a little and a .223/5.56 would be hugely useful for something like that...

It's also partly that I got in to guns for hunting and found I really like them, but my wife also let me get in to guns for hunting. So getting a gun that is really just about having fun at the range seems like a waste of mind to me. Of course that is what a mini-14 would be for. But I'll try to use the AR-15 for other stuff, like try it turkey hunting sometime and deer hunting at least the once. And if the rifle itself is enjoyable enough I'll get a .300blck or 6.8spc upper for it and use it deer hunting regularly.

Money isn't super tight right now, but it is tight, so spending $700 or so over a few months also seems like a ridiculous indulgence right now, but the election coming up...mostly I worry about what the MD legislature will do in the next session. Though I am friends with a delegate. I haven't talked to him about it, but I haven't heard any rumors of new MD gun control laws. I still don't want a lifetime (or decades) of regret because I couldn't get off the damn lot and just buy/build one. I have other wants but I don't feel like any of them will be banned that aren't already banned.

Sorry, much longer post than I intended to make when I started out.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    Because you are human my friend. I have the excuse that I didn't own guns prior to 2015. I kick myself for not having bought an M1A...but I feel like I have a good excuse. My neighbor has owned guns for >10 years. I'd swear he tears up when talking about not having jumped on an M1A before FSA 2013.

Also why I finally got off the pot on an AR-15. I am a mini-14 guy. But I didn't want to get shut out and 10 years from now decide I want one and couldn't own one because of stupid new laws.

I've psyched myself up about owning an AR-15. I am male and human and not crazy, so yeah I watched all the 80s (and 90s) action movies. I've wanted one, but I don't really want the negativity the anti-gun set has on "black guns" and my wife was strongly against them (she found out the rifle I am building is an AR-15 and she is not thrilled, but she has begrudgingly accepted it without making me sleep on the couch). Also, I do really like mini-14s more than AR-15s. The modularity of a 15 and customizability appeals to me a HUGE amount. I am no prepper or worried about SHTF scenarios because I really don't think they'll happen. But just because I don't think so doesn't mean I don't have fun thinking about it a little and a .223/5.56 would be hugely useful for something like that...

It's also partly that I got in to guns for hunting and found I really like them, but my wife also let me get in to guns for hunting. So getting a gun that is really just about having fun at the range seems like a waste of mind to me. Of course that is what a mini-14 would be for. But I'll try to use the AR-15 for other stuff, like try it turkey hunting sometime and deer hunting at least the once. And if the rifle itself is enjoyable enough I'll get a .300blck or 6.8spc upper for it and use it deer hunting regularly.

Money isn't super tight right now, but it is tight, so spending $700 or so over a few months also seems like a ridiculous indulgence right now, but the election coming up...mostly I worry about what the MD legislature will do in the next session. Though I am friends with a delegate. I haven't talked to him about it, but I haven't heard any rumors of new MD gun control laws. I still don't want a lifetime (or decades) of regret because I couldn't get off the damn lot and just buy/build one. I have other wants but I don't feel like any of them will be banned that aren't already banned.

Sorry, much longer post than I intended to make when I started out.

If money is tight now, just buy a couple lowers. You should be covered for the foreseeable future. Then build them slowly as funds become available and you find good deals on parts.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If money is tight now, just buy a couple lowers. You should be covered for the foreseeable future. Then build them slowly as funds become available and you find good deals on parts.

My worry was that MD would do something weird, like outright ban any AR rifle not built by X date and then all I'd be able to do is make an AR pistol or something. Yeah, sure, how do you prove and/or lowers before X date might still be allowed to be turned in to a rifle, but I figured I didn't want to take a chance. Plus I get a fun rifle to play with. If it looks likely that the laws are going to change and I won't be buying a lower I can't do anything with, I may still pick up one or two more lowers next year if I can find them cheap. Those are likely to live a very long time as just lowers.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I've psyched myself up about owning an AR-15.... I've wanted one, but I don't really want the negativity the anti-gun set has on "black guns" and my wife was strongly against them (she found out the rifle I am building is an AR-15 and she is not thrilled, but she has begrudgingly accepted it without making me sleep on the couch)....

...It's also partly that I got in to guns for hunting and found I really like them, but my wife also let me get in to guns for hunting.

Care to venture a guess as to why we are facing the problems we are today?....

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Demand and scarcity drive price.

It is a law of economics that a lot of folks just can't grasp.

Dealers will raise prices when demand goes up and the availability of replacement inventory is in doubt; sorry but that is what has and will continue to happen.

Just wait and see what happens if it really starts to look like Hillary might win.[/
    QUOTE]

much truth here. Don't forget the people who are buying before the panic and will be reselling for profits as well :)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    What would be interesting is pollsters declaring a certain Hillary win, but they miss the Shame Vote of people actually pulling the lever for Trump, with him winning.

The panic would be over, but I think all of October is going to be a rush to buy.[/
    QUOTE]

I don't know how to multi quote right so forgive me.

There is much truth here as well. I still believe trump will get more votes than Hillary but as Stalin once said, " its not the people who are voting that matter, Its the people counting the votes that matter".

That said, and that alone is why I don't think trump is going to win. My advice, Buy what you can now, don't wait another month because I have a feeling October is when the panic will start.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

The panic would be over, but I think all of October is going to be a rush to buy.[/
    QUOTE]

I don't know how to multi quote right so forgive me.

There is much truth here as well. I still believe trump will get more votes than Hillary but as Stalin once said, " its not the people who are voting that matter, Its the people counting the votes that matter".

That said, and that alone is why I don't think trump is going to win. My advice, Buy what you can now, don't wait another month because I have a feeling October is when the panic will start.

I am confident that Trump will win. So much so that I have a $500 bet with someone that he wins. But if he loses I have a pile of BNIB Colt 6721s that will be sold for three times what I paid for them in these salad days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom