• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What do you think of this collapsible fly fishing rod?

http://dro.ps/b/IFxfx79

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tenkara-rod-co-sawtooth?referer=3ZXZ6R

MD-11324_20151002133742_be0e85caa0bbc230.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• AHdagkuhIYEE8m-PgT_8DQTgNVipP0t9DwQ91E9MkjabmvKi_kdc_il0Rf5J6aDESYKhyM6_1Qp-uUyHl3X1NgsOolIQ_JMS.jpg
      AHdagkuhIYEE8m-PgT_8DQTgNVipP0t9DwQ91E9MkjabmvKi_kdc_il0Rf5J6aDESYKhyM6_1Qp-uUyHl3X1NgsOolIQ_JMS.jpg
      73.1 KB · Views: 141

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wow, that's a monster!

I've been telling my buddies I'm getting into fishing, and have gone with a couple of them; but I keep hearing how awesome fly fishing is. So I decided to join this MassDrop for this rod/set after reading a lot of good things about it and its by far the best price I could find.

I think I'll be spending a few hours in the yard practicing my casting before I ever find a stream. :)

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks

They have mixed reviews in the Tenkara community, but it should serve as a decent starter rod. If you want to learn more about Tenkara, there are several Facebook groups that I can point you to, or stop by and see Rob at Great Feathers Fly Shop in Sparks. I fish Tenkara - mostly for trout and panfish - and if you're close, I'd be happy to meet up sometime and show you some rods and give you some pointers. I'm by no means an expert, but I do catch fish.

NO NO NO! Please, make it go away! :lol2:

40# King caught on the Kuskokwim River above Aniak Ak. 1 1/2 hour fight took me over a mile down stream on an 8wt.

I definitely wouldn't take a Tenkara rod fishing for kings. Tenkara isn't the answer to all types of fishing, but it is very good in it's niche. It's just another tool in the toolbox, right alongside my other fly rods and my spinning rods.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    They have mixed reviews in the Tenkara community, but it should serve as a decent starter rod. If you want to learn more about Tenkara, there are several Facebook groups that I can point you to, or stop by and see Rob at Great Feathers Fly Shop in Sparks. I fish Tenkara - mostly for trout and panfish - and if you're close, I'd be happy to meet up sometime and show you some rods and give you some pointers. I'm by no means an expert, but I do catch fish.

I definitely wouldn't take a Tenkara rod fishing for kings. Tenkara isn't the answer to all types of fishing, but it is very good in it's niche. It's just another tool in the toolbox, right alongside my other fly rods and my spinning rods.

Thanks for the offer; I'll play with this rod and see if I like it first.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I bought myself a fly fishing lesson for my birthday a few years ago. It was fun and I learned a few things. But it seems like a lot of work and expense. And I think the fish probably go for bait on regular spinning gear anyway. But if you fly fish, I imagine it could be a real blast.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I've been fly fishing for over 30 years and have caught 39 species of fish. Tenkara is a great way to learn how to use a fly rod. The technique is different than western style fly rods but helps make the transition easier. Tenkara is probably the best tool for working small to mediumish streams for trout.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Old hunting partner of mine is a professional fly fishing guide. He's unbelievable at catching fish. Took me to the Yellow Breeches one year. He caught about 30 fish and I got none. He can see them, I can't. He taught me to cast so I was pretty good at that but couldn't catch a damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom