• ...and so much more!
  • What kind of belt do you like best?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Did I miss your review? Link to your youtube video on it?

Also, in posting this thread else where, I found that SimplyRugged changed their buckle. I wonder if my email to them about the buckle had anything to do with the change. Their current belt is even better than the one I bought a few years ago. I also see they have a cape buffalo belt now too. For about $120, that's a belt that should last a lifetime.

No you didnt miss it. We just got sidetracked with the holidays and havent released it yet. Should be soon :thumbsup:

Feb 28, 2013
    So what does a feller need that decided he wants to get all "tacti-kewl" and ain't got the first clue about this sort of thing?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    5.11 Instructor Belt. Good and stiff (and who doesn't like good and stiff?;)) and holds a pancake holster nice and tight.

Use it for EDC and IDPA.

Somewhere in the $50 range IIRC...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    On my 2nd Ares Gear ranger belt. First one is still good, it just shrank for some reason. One of the best out there.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I used to run 5.11 and SOE Gear. They are both good though the 5.11 is a bit worn. The SOE is still good, I just got tired of how the cobra belt setup was. So I switched over to the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced. I like the Aegis more even though I paid quite a bit for a belt. The big thing I like about the Aegis is that is is like a normal belt that allows it to slip off easily between pants unlike the SOE. I would say just try out the 5.11 since it is the most normal looking and economical I have used. The good thing though about a stiff nylon like the Ares or SOE is that you get more subtle adjustment as opposed to being stuck with whatever holes are drilled into the belt.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Does any one else have experience with the steel insert belts? I'm tired of belts warping.
    Labor Day Sale $49.88 @ Bigfoot Belts (gunbelts.com) Black and Brown leather. $10 S&H.

I just purchased one with a steel insert (from Alien Gear), will post again about it when I have an opinion. At the moment, not very impressed with the quality of leather and workmanship, very cheaply made, not aligned, and buckle rattles.

For a almost indestructible, non-leather belts, it's going to be hard to beat this, especially considering price:

GALCO MB1 Synthetic - A friend of mine also has this belt and he loves his. The material is used in saddles and horse rigging, it's ultra strong, fairly stiff, and slightly thinner than leather. It was inexpensive too, I'll guess about $30. What I don't like it that it doesn't conform over time to my body like a leather belt does, and it doesn't stretch or give at all. It's a very tough material, that is impervious to water, weather, very durable and hard to scratch. It's just not as comfortable as a leather belt. Looks like they don't make them anymore; I checked several sites, was last sold as a closeout for $23.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It appears there are a couple websites saying they have the GALCO MB1 in stock, but I suspect this is not accurate, and the big online retailers have been reporting it no longer made/available for a long time now. Even GALCO doesn't list it any more. GALCO does have a 7 hole leather 'gun belt' for a reasonable price that looks really good, but I've never worn one.

In todays Wear and Carry class that I co-instructed, I brought 7 belts to discuss, one was the GALCO MB1; I should look for another company that makes belts out of BioThane.

From GALCO: "The 1 1/2" wide MB1 Matrix™ belt is made of BioThane(R). It won't crack or peel, won't soak up sweat and will remain flexible and black in color over its lifetime. Like the Matrix holster line, this synthetic belt has the appearance of leather."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom