Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Mechanix gloves from Home Depot.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I like Gold's Gym wrist wrap fingerless gloves, that protect the wrists by a Velcro wrist wrap tightener --- I purchased them at Walmart --- You can also order them online. I can fit a thin pair of full fingered gloves --- underneath --- that are finger tip sensitive; that I purchased from 7-Eleven during the cold months.

Last edited:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I am 99% (or less) sure that I got mine at WalMart, or maybe even Target in the Sporting Goods section. I think mine are designed to be weight lifting/workout gloves.

I'll try to get a brand name or maybe even a pic when I get home today.

ProFlex 900 Impact Gloves. Whatever that means, lol...
    They are padded on the palms, fingers and thumb, and across the knuckles. Kinda thick on the palms, but not so much everywhere else.

http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/default.aspx?PCA=24&PRD=83

They show them on Amazon for $30. I'm sure I didn't pay near that...But I did buy them around 2010-ish...Used them daily, for working out, then busted up my back for the umpteenth time and now use them for shooting.

FWIW, I am a mechanic and cannot stand the "mechanic's gloves" that are available. There's little to no padding anyway, so I simply use latex gloves to keep the heavy grease and oil off of me. If I have a lot of heavy duty wrenching or using airgun/air hammer, etc... these pictured above, work great isolating your hands from the bone jarring shocks and vibrations. They pretty much eliminate any pain I normally get in my right hand (from being broken several years ago)...

Looking at the one Mechanix Wear fingerless gloves....They look to have a ton of padding everywhere but where you'd want it, IMHO...(and basically the same price)

http://www.mechanix.com/m-pact-fingerless

If you check the link I gave you above, you'll see these (The ProFlex like I have) are designed to dampen vibration, shock and impact, which is a perfect match, I think..

Anyway...that's all I can offer...Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I personally don't use gloves, but I've listened to many conversations (arguments :D) about the various types.

The only ones I've ever been tempted to purchase because I liked what I heard about them were the police/military dog handling gloves. Built to resist wear from dog leads/ropes, tight fitting for dexterity (and shooting), and a little tac for grip are among some of their positives.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Primos stretch fit in real tree APG. Really comfortable for long stretches, fit my medium sized hands well (for someone 6'1"), provide a little warmth but great grip, good dexterity (hard to pull a primer cap for my ML, but reloading a centerfire or rimfire would be a breeze) and I can just squeeze some wool cut-off gloves underneath them if it is very cold. Less comfortable like that, but it works and I can have good grip.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Seams rip on basialy EVERYTHING out there these days. So it's really less a question of which is best, but rather how much you want to spend/be out when they need replacement.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    From the other thread about gloves for shooting clays...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448670675.259599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448670698.902989.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    ProFlex 900 Impact Gloves. Whatever that means, lol...
    They are padded on the palms, fingers and thumb, and across the knuckles. Kinda thick on the palms, but not so much everywhere else.

http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/default.aspx?PCA=24&PRD=83

They show them on Amazon for $30. I'm sure I didn't pay near that...But I did buy them around 2010-ish...Used them daily, for working out, then busted up my back for the umpteenth time and now use them for shooting.

FWIW, I am a mechanic and cannot stand the "mechanic's gloves" that are available. There's little to no padding anyway, so I simply use latex gloves to keep the heavy grease and oil off of me. If I have a lot of heavy duty wrenching or using airgun/air hammer, etc... these pictured above, work great isolating your hands from the bone jarring shocks and vibrations. They pretty much eliminate any pain I normally get in my right hand (from being broken several years ago)...

Looking at the one Mechanix Wear fingerless gloves....They look to have a ton of padding everywhere but where you'd want it, IMHO...(and basically the same price)

http://www.mechanix.com/m-pact-fingerless

If you check the link I gave you above, you'll see these (The ProFlex like I have) are designed to dampen vibration, shock and impact, which is a perfect match, I think..

Anyway...that's all I can offer...Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks. There's a link to Amazon there and they are $9.99.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ll piggy back off this

A) i hate regular mechanix gloves for shooting

B) i really liked the grease monkey gloves for police work and shooting. Almost like a baseball glove.

Now......i admit i like mechanix gloves for working at my house and my projects but i go through two/three a year. I like their dexterity and thickness but there has to be a better option. Any suggestions?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I’ll piggy back off this

A) i hate regular mechanix gloves for shooting

B) i really liked the grease monkey gloves for police work and shooting. Almost like a baseball glove.

Now......i admit i like mechanix gloves for working at my house and my projects but i go through two/three a year. I like their dexterity and thickness but there has to be a better option. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat. I've tried Hatch, Blackhawk, and a couple pairs of surplus gloves, but I go back to the Mechanix gloves because they're just so damn comfy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm with Bfy43 . For those of us with XXXL gorilla hands , nothing works .

I have NEVER found a pair of gloves that fit well enough to shoot with on purpose . Even the rare occasion that they are large enough for circumference of knuckles, the fingers still stop short halfway to the outward knuckle

So when hunting in the cold, whatever to keep warm while waiting, pull off to actually shoot .

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I'm also a fan of the Patrol Incident Gear (PIG) Full Dexterity Tactical glove.

https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Full-Dexterity-Tactical-FDT-Alpha-Glove-p/pig.700.htm

They have a similar feel to that of a batting glove - the FDTs are little thicker, but are much closer to batting gloves than mechanics gloves are. They afford the most dexterity of any shooting glove I've worn, and are also touchscreen compatible.

These aren't indestructible, but they wear well, and are the best balance I've found for comfort, functionality, and durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom