• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Just completed another purchase with Mike at Black Anchor Armory (http://www.blackanchorarmory.com) in Denton, Maryland. Can't say enough about how easy and smooth each process went. He's got a small shop, but if you are in the area on the way through to the beaches or other summer trip, might be worth a quick stop. You can also get a tattoo while there then stroll across the street to the Public House for a pint and a nice lunch.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I know it's a standard web software that's being used, but it still irritates me that standard capacity magazines aren't showing 30 round mags. That is standard for 5.56/223, anything less is limited capacity.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was curious , and clicked the link . Is this a brick & mortar store or an online thing ?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Got any C&R there?
    I"ll maybe stop by when the DE authorities don't want me to quarantine just to stop at a ROFO while passing through the state.
    (I have to pass through DE to get to Ocean City when passing through Denton)

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Mike is the best. Our area was in need of a store like his and he has delivered! He’s honest, down to earth and will take time with each and every customer that comes through the door To answer any questions. I have made several purchases from him and this thread reminds me it’s time to pay a visit.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Just completed another purchase with Mike at Black Anchor Armory (http://www.blackanchorarmory.com) in Denton, Maryland. Can't say enough about how easy and smooth each process went. He's got a small shop, but if you are in the area on the way through to the beaches or other summer trip, might be worth a quick stop. You can also get a tattoo while there then stroll across the street to the Public House for a pint and a nice lunch.

Been going to Black Anchor since I got my HQL in 2018, he always has something I want in store, though I don't always know I want it until I see it. Popped in there this morning to pick up my latest P320 purchase and he had no less than 5 things I wanted on the shelves. Pre-corona it wasn't uncommon to go in there to pick something up and spend 30-45 minutes talking if it wasn't busy. Mike used to be an Industry Partner here but didn't renew.

Got any C&R there?
    I"ll maybe stop by when the DE authorities don't want me to quarantine just to stop at a ROFO while passing through the state.

I don't know if there's anything specifically C&R, you'd have to give him a call or check his Gunbroker (linked on his site) where older items are showcased. He typically has a double sided rack of older bolt actions and shotguns in the middle of the store but doesn't list them on his site.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Got any C&R there?

There should be a few C&R items. He has a small section on the wall with 8 or so milsurp rifles and recently has added a standup display in the middle of the store with older rifles.

Mike is the best. Our area was in need of a store like his and he has delivered! He’s honest, down to earth and will take time with each and every customer that comes through the door To answer any questions. I have made several purchases from him and this thread reminds me it’s time to pay a visit.

His willingness to answer questions is why I try not to buy from anywhere else unless I absolutely have to.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Nice guy, small shop. He lists some of his inventory on gun broker. Yes, he has some old winchesters on his GB listing. Search for his shop’s name. There was, pre pandemic, a store entering town from 404, full of antique/ old junk concessions that was fun.
    Any other worthwhile gun stores in denton!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Someone should suggest becomming an IP the next time you stop in.

Unrelated, but it makes me wonder how Mike from the old Mid-County near Preston is doing.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I was curious , and clicked the link . Is this a brick & mortar store or an online thing ?

Yep - a bit small but he can order just about anything too.

EDIT: I should have read the rest of the thread - Batt816 and RuralRifleGuy answered up on brick and mortar and C&R questions.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Nice guy, small shop. He lists some of his inventory on gun broker. Yes, he has some old winchesters on his GB listing. Search for his shop’s name. There was, pre pandemic, a store entering town from 404, full of antique/ old junk concessions that was fun.
    Any other worthwhile gun stores in denton!

The only other one I’m aware of is The Gunfather which is a couple doors down from Black Anchor, it’s a Glock Blue Label dealer which would make it worthwhile, but it is never open. Because of that Mike gets my Glock business because unless I need to cross the Bay Bridge for something else it’s not worth my time to spend two hours round trip twice to save a little money.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Mike has a new venture going on. Check out American Corner Customs on Facebook.

Their guns that were available at Black Anchor pre pandemic we’re nice looking and apparently they were getting into the suppressor game a few months ago. I’m guessing their rifles are probably being sold as soon as they come into Black Anchor, just like basically everything these days, since I haven’t seen any listed on Black Anchor in the last few weeks.

The only other one I’m aware of is The Gunfather which is a couple doors down from Black Anchor, it’s a Glock Blue Label dealer which would make it worthwhile, but it is never open. Because of that Mike gets my Glock business because unless I need to cross the Bay Bridge for something else it’s not worth my time to spend two hours round trip twice to save a little money.

This. The Gunfather is a bigger store but it has never been open when I’ve gone past during their listed business hours. Based on Facebook comments that seems to be their biggest problem. I’m actually surprised that they’re still in business since they’ve never been open any of the times I’ve been in Denton the last two years. Other complaints are they don’t answer the phone or respond to emails. I emailed them about GSSF pricing on two Glocks and it took a few days to finally hear back from them.

Mike at Black Anchor on the other hand usually responds to emails the same day or the next morning depending on when I send the email, always answers his phone unless he’s with a customer, and will send me a text when my gun is in so I can come do the paperwork.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Their guns that were available at Black Anchor pre pandemic we’re nice looking and apparently they were getting into the suppressor game a few months ago. I’m guessing their rifles are probably being sold as soon as they come into Black Anchor, just like basically everything these days, since I haven’t seen any listed on Black Anchor in the last few weeks.

This. The Gunfather is a bigger store but it has never been open when I’ve gone past during their listed business hours. Based on Facebook comments that seems to be their biggest problem. I’m actually surprised that they’re still in business since they’ve never been open any of the times I’ve been in Denton the last two years. Other complaints are they don’t answer the phone or respond to emails. I emailed them about GSSF pricing on two Glocks and it took a few days to finally hear back from them.

Mike at Black Anchor on the other hand usually responds to emails the same day or the next morning depending on when I send the email, always answers his phone unless he’s with a customer, and will send me a text when my gun is in so I can come do the paperwork.

+1 on Mike doing the extra on customer service. I was looking for a specific item that is out of stock often. Went into his shop Tuesday morning after seeing it in-stock the evening before and the dang thing was out of stock again. Mike said he'd keep and eye out as sometimes a single unit may pop back up for various reasons. Damn if he didn't text me the next evening saying one was available and he snagged it. Went in the next morning and set everything in motion. Long story short - he is tops in taking care of the customer and makes it look easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom