• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    They've been doing this I'm told by a friend there. They were doing it in the Georgetown area to, where COVID-19 is running rapid through the Hispanic community. The line was nearly a mile long he said.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    All the chicken producers on the Shore are doing it. Mountaire is $1 a #. The others are 1.5-2 a #. Mountaire is doing a pre order at St. Francis de Sales Sat May 2 9am-1pm look up St. Francis de Sales church on FB.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    They're doing this because they normally sell a large percentage of processed birds wholesale to institutions and restaurants; since everyone is at home we've changed the way we buy chicken and are now buying almost completely retail through grocery stores. There currently isn't a market for birds packaged this way...

I read farmers may need to euthanize 2 million chickens on the eastern shore because the plants won't be able to process them.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'd be happy to buy some at thee prices and without all the middlemen.

Any heads up on a west shore guy trying to make my way over there for some bulk chicken...

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Sure, the consumer is still there. Just need to get it to them.

Dumping all that milk. Veggies going to waste. Be great to connect to the source.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    I heard from my daughter in Raleigh that something similar was going on. People were lined up starting at midnight, in their cars, at the shopping center where the store is. When the truck rolled in around 8:50am the sale was done by 9:10am. Man that is some serious chicken lovers!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sure, the consumer is still there. Just need to get it to them.

Dumping all that milk. Veggies going to waste. Be great to connect to the source.

And now the chicken.

Attachments

• 3C1767EC-3825-4710-8CEC-876401D9649C.jpg
      3C1767EC-3825-4710-8CEC-876401D9649C.jpg
      53.9 KB · Views: 670

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Does anyone know a large chicken farm? I saw a news saying millions of chicken will be de-populated b/c processors are under-staffed.
    Perhaps I can buy a few live birds, and keep them until needed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm hoping for some hogs or a couple of calves. I just need a place that will let me shoot them at pick-up because I have a trailer.....just not for anything alive...

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Does anyone know a large chicken farm? I saw a news saying millions of chicken will be de-populated b/c processors are under-staffed.
    Perhaps I can buy a few live birds, and keep them until needed.

If you took it an it lived, it would be a though a$$ bird. Free range birds older then 12 weeks are only good for the crock pot.

Over 2,000,000 birds have been gassed an turned into compost so far. More then 4,000,000 eggs have been broken.

The chicken is being sold cheap in bulk to make freezer room. When the producers can ship overseas again prices will rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom