Thinking about moving to Kent Island... am I crazy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Commuter car to save you lots of headaches. Kentmorr bar/beach is sweeeeeeeet if you have kids.

Beats this oldie but goodie! Recently saw it on American Pickers.

Attachments

• 6EE2651D-FB3D-4F0E-9104-2A67C6DAFFC8.jpg
      6EE2651D-FB3D-4F0E-9104-2A67C6DAFFC8.jpg
      105.3 KB · Views: 256

2ndltsdad

Nov 19, 2014
    Trappe... not Lakeside !
    i own a business on KI and have done so for 20 years.
    iv lived in QA county for about 30. i moved back to annapolis a few years ago due to a divorce. ask any one that lives here. the traffic sucks and its getting worse. plan on sitting at the bridge to get home on thursday and friday nights.
    once your home plan on staying put untill monday morning . the rt 8 traffic has gotten bad. anything that happens on 50 will cause rt8 to come to a stand still.
    all the "back " roads are not much better or are even worse at times.
    you should come over one week end durning the summer to see things first hand !

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    Been here since 2002. Worked 0700-1500 in DC from 2008-2017. Now working 0445-1245 still in DC last 2 plus years.

Moved here from Crofton where I grew up

It’s great over here. Don’t let anyone bs you and scare you with all the panic traffic shit. Does it suck sonetimes? Sure it does but RT 3 in Crofton is a train wreck not to mention 495/95 etc...

Thurs/Fri afternoon in summer are the worst part. Sunday’s WB suck too.

You learn when to get your shopping going out done etc to work around it. I will say living far down RT 8 south does get dicey with morning traffic. RT 8 North is absolutely fine

The RT 18 roads mainly WB get jacked up when 50 WB is

That said it’s great over here and I won’t be leaving until I retire and that’s to leave the state.

Any questions ask away. We have an awesome realtor as well if you need one. She’s fantastic and has sold several of my homes

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    My standard answer is "It sucks, stay where you are" but in all seriousness it is good to have like minded folks here. I have been here since 1995 and love the proximity to the bay and the quiet of the neighborhood. The schools are very good as well. However, just as many have said, you have to learn to work around the traffic. It is getting worse every year. I am starting to feel that it is as bad as downtown Annapolis. I sometimes think about getting more rural out towards Caroline County but it would be a rough commute for the wife. Besides, when I move again in about 5 years, I will probably be in DE.

I work from home most of the time and go across the bridge about 1 or 2 times/wk and never on Fridays. I don't usually ever leave before 9 and always get home by 3. My wife crosses 5x/wk. She has more patience than I do. If you have a flexible schedule, it may work for you. Believe it or not 5pm on Friday is not always that bad. These days Thursdays are just as bad as any day in the "summer months" which now go from May through mid-October with all the crap going on at the beaches. The thing is that it takes one incident in Annapolis or on the bridge to totally ruin your commute. I am about 6 miles down Rt.8 and think that is far enough. North 8 is less congested and a much shorter ride to the bridge. There are a couple houses in my hood for sale and I have a very good friend that is a realtor if you need someone.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom