• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Has the pistol range been crowded or not due to the rifle range being temporarily closed? Was thinking of taking my son up for his first range trip...didnt want to find a crowded range.

ENSF

Nov 22, 2008
    Good Morning,

The rifle and shotgun ranges at Elk Neck will re-open September 6, 2019 at 9:00 AM.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I’ve been to the Elk Neck Range a few times since it’s reopened. One observation I’d like to mention, the shooting benches are all attached to a ledger board that runs across the roof support posts. That creates a situation where activity on another bench transfers movement amongst the others. So if you’re ready to fire a round and someone is putting their gear on the bench, your sights and stability are being moved, for lack of a better term. A remedy could be done pretty easy. Install 4x4 posts under the front of the bench down to the concrete and cut the ledger boards back with a saber saw.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I’ve been to the Elk Neck Range a few times since it’s reopened. One observation I’d like to mention, the shooting benches are all attached to a ledger board that runs across the roof support posts. That creates a situation where activity on another bench transfers movement amongst the others. So if you’re ready to fire a round and someone is putting their gear on the bench, your sights and stability are being moved, for lack of a better term. A remedy could be done pretty easy. Install 4x4 posts under the front of the bench down to the concrete and cut the ledger boards back with a saber saw.

This design change was obviously done by someone that does not shoot!:tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom