• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I don't believe the finish is original. The Gen 1's came with a black oxide finish and based on the reflection from the picture it looks to be a shinier finish. Great price by the way, I paid $1100 for my Gen1 17L with ported barrel.

Glock_17_Gen_1.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Why even mention the FFL law breaking thing?

Sometimes it’s best to stay in your own lane. Say congrats it’s nice and then be quiet

mdrpd

Mar 20, 2018
    A GLOCK 7!!

"Luggage? That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!"

Sweet buy!

Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    I don't believe the finish is original. The Gen 1's came with a black oxide finish and based on the reflection from the picture it looks to be a shinier finish. Great price by the way, I paid $1100 for my Gen1 17L with ported barrel.

I see. That's what I was thinking. It looks very uniform tho which is why I even beg the question, even the ejector looks as if it has been coated too; if it has been re-coated. Definitely professional job if so. Thanks for the pic and info, congrats on your 17L, that's a tough find for sure!

Maybe I'll send the slide and/or whole gun if need be back to Glock and have it refinished. Any opinions--for or against?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Not doubting you, just curious, but what makes you say that?

Sorry, late getting back to this. Ammo Jon's pic shows the original smooth, flat black finish of the original Gen 1s. The OP's pic indicates a shiny and somewhat "lumpy" finish/texture. Really hard to tell by the pic, though.

Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    Sorry, late getting back to this. Ammo Jon's pic shows the original smooth, flat black finish of the original Gen 1s. The OP's pic indicates a shiny and somewhat "lumpy" finish/texture. Really hard to tell by the pic, though.
    Yea, I'll be sure to take more pics when I get it home and would welcome any and all advice and information about the pistol.

Are the internals the original black ones or has it been retrofitted?
    I didn't know too much of what I was looking for while I was there as far as Glock "updated" or not until I got home and did a bit more research..all I knew is there was money in my wallet begging me to be spent so I knew where I had to go:lol2: I fractured my wrist a few days ago, so I didn't spend much time handling the gun myself. I had them field strip it for me, and I glanced the internals to make sure everything looked "normal". From what I remember, it was mostly silver parts but I remember a few parts being black maybe? I can't be too sure. I then placed it back on the counter and took my wallet out. I will absolutely post pics of the internals as soon as I get it home.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I see. That's what I was thinking. It looks very uniform tho which is why I even beg the question, even the ejector looks as if it has been coated too; if it has been re-coated. Definitely professional job if so. Thanks for the pic and info, congrats on your 17L, that's a tough find for sure!

Maybe I'll send the slide and/or whole gun if need be back to Glock and have it refinished. Any opinions--for or against?

Glock currently refinishes in the Gen4/Gen5 finish, not the Gen3 frying pan finish which I prefer. If you want it as original as possible, Lone Wolf Distributors offers a black oxide refinish.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A guy on ARF has a gen 1 Glock 19. There was only a handful (like 10 or something) that we’re made. Glock plugged a G17 mold and chopped the grip at the factory to make it. It was issued to the police and is beat to piss. He paid something like $7500 for it. Very rare gun!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Just FYI, I can tell you first hand that the mags are blocked to 10 rounds. The comment on the lock needing to be included....the customer can supply their own. I caught the fact that the gun was a pre 2002 which merely requires a cable lock and the note now reflects that an external cable lock is needed. That can be supplied by the customer or we can sell him one for $5. (IMSD is Integrated Mechanical Safety Device as spelled out in Md law). The lock doesn't need to be included until the transfer is complete. The customer was given the opportunity to provide his own lock.

Thanks for the purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom