Loving Life in the Wild and Wonderful....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    No, that part is awesome! You're lucky. The .223 thing I'm not sure about. Seems like a lot of unburned powder and no accuracy or velocity. Also it's West Virginia. Insert banjo music.

The usefulness of the firearm is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was able to walk into his LGS and buy them and walk out with them just because he wanted them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    All the grab-ass aside, I miss seeing you at the range D. Enjoy freedom

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m still a member and I’m still working the DC and Baltimore areas. Still working with Kat too....so you haven’t seen the last of me !

That's great! I was there today. I get there at least once a week. I'll keep an eye pealed for you. :party29:

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I’ll be sure to report back. I was going to test it this morning, but it’s monsoon season here in Morgan County.... I have my WV CCW but forgot all about the NICS thing. BTW, Governor Justice recently signed a bill allowing non-WV residents to get CCW permits here.

Yeah, it has been a bit rainy lately. They are calling for snow up my way Friday night into Saturday. Do you have a range on your own land or do you shoot at a public/club range?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’ll be sure to report back. I was going to test it this morning, but it’s monsoon season here in Morgan County.... I have my WV CCW but forgot all about the NICS thing. BTW, Governor Justice recently signed a bill allowing non-WV residents to get CCW permits here.
    Where abouts in Morgan? We might be close enough to do a mini meet up with at least one other member.
    Yeah, it has been a bit rainy lately. They are calling for snow up my way Friday night into Saturday. Do you have a range on your own land or do you shoot at a public/club range?
    10X Freedom Range on 522, near Fish Hatchery Road is a private club he can join.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Between Berkeley Springs and Hedgesville. I shoot a bit at the house, but joining 10X is on my list of things to do.
    Where abouts in Morgan? We might be close enough to do a mini meet up with at least one other member. 10X Freedom Range on 522, near Fish Hatchery Road is a private club he can join.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I shoot on my property, but I’m fixing to join 10X.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Why you care about what I shoot or buy is beyond me....whatever - your opinion means nothing to me. I’ll shoot and enjoy it. As far as “banjo music”, keep deluding yourself with ignorant stereotypes....I’m sure “inbred” comments aren’t far behind. One of the reasons I left the hellhole that is Maryland was to get away from that type of pretentious egotistical arrogance.

The irony of saying our opinions don't matter when your entire post is literally here to garner opinion on the thing you did is hopefully not lost on you. It's a forum...don't be butthurt if people disagree with the thing you did. That's kinda the point of a forum, no? To solicit opinions on 'look at what I did,' whether they align or not?

That said, congrats on buying two nearly (practically) useless firearms via a much better / more streamlined process than we're afforded in Maryland. Yes, I'm 100% jealous of the process bit. Logic of this comment needs work though.

Oh - also, if anyone ever calls WV'ers dumb(er) than anywhere else, learn you somethin' - they're barely behind MD on the 'average IQ' scale (which imho points to the fact that morons exist everywhere to drag the average IQ score down): https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/average-iq-by-state

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I’ve had the permit for about three months. Took about six weeks to get it after submitting the application. The nice thing is that I no longer need the Florida, Utah, and New Hampshire permits that were weighing down my wallet.
    Excellent! You applied for your permit already with Morgan County Sheriff's Office?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    If I recall correctly, it took me two weeks or less to get mine when I first moved out here. I had the benefit of not having to do the training because I'm an NRA instructor, so I don't know if that had any bearing on the speed of the process or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom