• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am sorry i can’t link this article but it was published by bloomberg business week on 2/28/18. It discusses severe harm and death from defective taurus and rossi handguns. Safeties that don’t function, guns that discharge when dropped, guns that appear to discharge while holstered and revolvers that explode. If you own this brand, its a troubling but worthwhile read. You can give it whatever weight you want. I am very aware that bloomberg is anti gun.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I've had a Taurus .22 revolver that I have put quite a few rounds down range with. It always seems a little stiff, but functions well enough. It is not a butter smooth S&W by any means, but I'm happy enough with it and have seen no safety flaws.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Taurus Class Action

THE DEADLINE TO FILE A CLAIM FOR THE CASH PAYMENT ENDED FEBRUARY 6, 2018

If you elected the cash payment option, please remember that you must return your Class Pistol to Taurus in order to receive your payment. The deadline to ship your Class Pistol to Taurus is March 31, 2018.

If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” :

PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below.

The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    You’ll find the piece at the top of your search if you type tarus bloomberg business. Carter was a deputy sheriff whose gun flew from his holster chasing a suspect. Hitting he ground it went off and killed a parked car. He brouht the class action. There have been a number of suits. Tarus fights them. For your safety, check it out.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I am sorry i can’t link this article but it was published by bloomberg business week on 2/28/18. It discusses severe harm and death from defective taurus and rossi handguns. Safeties that don’t function, guns that discharge when dropped, guns that appear to discharge while holstered and revolvers that explode. If you own this brand, its a troubling but worthwhile read. You can give it whatever weight you want. I am very aware that bloomberg is anti gun.

If it is being published by Bloomberg I would view it with skepticism. It might be the creation of a second front of the anti-gunners. They have be somewhat successful with the recent Florida shooting and the Maryland shooting by stirring up hate and discontent for the 2A. It opens up the argument that the guns kill without human assistance.

Never trust Bloomberg or anything associated from it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Weren't some of the issues faulty maintenance and improper inspection for wear. Either way, I own an early PT111 and PT92AFS and both are reliable, more so than my SR9 by Ruger.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My Taurus tracker 357 ... also very reliable. I also put some wood grips on it. It has the two most important things in a SD gun- Shoots well, easy to replace if the police take it for a while after SD or DGU.

Ill try to remember to not let it fly out of my hands while chasing a suspect.

As for the pistols, The sig 320 was drop safe, until it wasnt, because someone discovered the magic 30 degree drop.

It a gun. It loaded, keep it pointed in a safe direction at all times. Safeties are mechanical devices that can fail. You cant go wrong following simple rules.p

But as an American, its your right to sue other people over your own stupidity.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Here's the article.

Click here to open

The story is amazing. I have a Taurus PT-92 AR stainless and it's an astoundingly good gun. I'm still unsure what happened in the first example, where Jarred Brown's gun's mishap occurred. It was a PT-145 Millennium Pro, which went off and penetrated his femoral artery.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have a Millennium Gen 2 (not part of the suit) and as I have said here before, love it. One of the best pistols I've ever owned at any price. That being said, I wouldn't take a Gen 1 if someone gave it to me. When a company agrees to pay out up to almost a quarter of a billion dollars in a lawsuit there's a reason.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Yes, but a gun doesn't just go off as the story indicates. My guess is that even though the safety was on, Jarred most likely was pulling the trigger and depending on the safety to hold. If he'd had his finger off the trigger, I don't think the gun would go off. You can put the gun on a table and leave it and that's how some archaeologist will find it six thousand years from now. A gun just does go bang without some external action of some sort. I've heard of Glocks going off while being holstered if part of the leather comes in contact with the trigger, but never heard of a gun that would go BANG!! all by itself.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There are plenty of guns both new and old out there in circulation that will go BANG without anyone touching the trigger with just a little bit of jostling in the wrong way or getting dropped.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Those Plaintiffs, and even the lawers might be taking pains to not be anti 2A , but the news coverage is going anti " Sat Nite Spl " like a time warp to 1968 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom