• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Got my renewal in the mail for my Utah non resident permit. Do I need to go somewhere and get a passport photo taken and upload it, or will a "selfie" (clothed and no duck lips lol) suffice? Or maybe upload a pic from my work credentials? Thanks everyone. I know I saw a post within the last month about renewing, but this forum is like a bunch of fast waves that I can't keep up with since I can't be on here 24/7 lol...and the search feature was of no help.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I took my own and used some free passport app I downloaded to print it out. Cut it to 2x2.

If you can upload or scan a work ID that should work too.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Take a selfie (per their guideline.. Whole face.. Light background etc) and do the online renewal...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Take your choice - Be (non-Luddite , with decent camera, and high quality printer ) , or decide to spring $10-ish from places practically on every street corner .

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Take your choice - Be (non-Luddite , with decent camera, and high quality printer ) , or decide to spring $10-ish from places practically on every street corner .

I only have an IPhone6 to take pics with and a printer that isn't made for pics. I'd prefer to upload a pic and do it online. Guessing I could take a pic of a pic and upload it if I'm not satisfied with a self portrait?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Did it online. Actually used the pic from my VA NR permit. Took 9 days.

Or take a pic from your phone and email it to yourself. The online site even tells you how to crop your photo before upload. Very convenient.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Just did this online. Only way to go if you have a smart phone or digitalcamera. Was pleasantly surprised by how easy the process and website were.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    No finger prints or notary? I guess I should be looking for a letter sometime before July.

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    Did mine online 5 years ago. Best $0.75 I ever spent (convince fee). Will be doing it again this year. Cell phone takes fine photos.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Take a picture with your smartphone or have someone else do it and mail it to you. Then you can renew on line and save 15.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom