• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Ramo build on a TNW m3 tripod. It was new in the crate... 100 rounds down the tube now.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Sorry for the crappy cell pic. New upper I put on an existing registered lower.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
      IMG_0064.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 772

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Here's the absurdity it takes to get a CMMG 8" Guard barrel (with 9mm Endomag) to a > 29" SBR. OAL is 29.25 to the ends of the muzzle threads (and not the 3 lug).

I had a spare UBR laying around and can swap them as need be. Have an approved Form 20 to shoot this in PA and FL, but sometimes I get the itch in the middle of the day.

Attachments

• 20181108_163908.jpg
      20181108_163908.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 626
    Last edited:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Here's the absurdity it takes to get a CMMG 8" Guard barrel (with 9mm Endomag) to a > 29" SBR. OAL is 29.25 to the ends of the muzzle threads (and not the 3 lug).

I had a spare UBR laying around and can swap them as need be. Have an approved Form 20 to shoot this in PA and FL, but sometimes I get the itch in the middle of the day.
    Impressive! Are those metal extensions between the UBR and the buttplate DIY?

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air

How are the Endomags running for you? I just got mine in and am completing the AR9 upper this week to test it out. I'm excited to shoot my AR at the local (pistol caliber only) range instead of driving an hour to shoot 223.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

Obviously stinks that you had to do this, but you managed to do it in pretty classy fashion. Looks like one fun shooter.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009

They're #10 machine screws with a threaded coupler to screw up to the "outer" buttpad and provide support so the buttpad pushes into my shoulder rather than the screw heads. The lower pieces towards the "inner" buttpad are spacers so that between those and the couplers most if the recoil is spread out along the stock and buttpads rather than the threaded inserts and risk damage.

How are the Endomags running for you? I just got mine in and am completing the AR9 upper this week to test it out. I'm excited to shoot my AR at the local (pistol caliber only) range instead of driving an hour to shoot 223.

The mag inserts are running great for me! I have the CMMG guard versions (wanted a delay mechanism for suppressed shooting) and the bolt has the ejector built in rather than the mag or magblock. So far I've done 500 rounds without issues.

Obviously stinks that you had to do this, but you managed to do it in pretty classy fashion. Looks like one fun shooter.

Thanks! The whole thing works pretty well, and collapsed the LOP is around the normal LOP on preset #3 without the extension I built. I'd like to find a broken black UBR so it matches better, but I'll keep an eye out. I also wish there was a way to do this with a 4 inch MPX, but the extended rails alone would drive the LOP way past the comfort spot. I know another member around here did it with an 8" barrel model, but trying to imagine those rails being 4 inches longer made me laugh so hard I had stitches.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    They're #10 machine screws with a threaded coupler to screw up to the "outer" buttpad and provide support so the buttpad pushes into my shoulder rather than the screw heads. The lower pieces towards the "inner" buttpad are spacers so that between those and the couplers most if the recoil is spread out along the stock and buttpads rather than the threaded inserts and risk damage.
    Ah, thanks. The “inner” is some sort of custom piece?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Nice job! Where did you get that forward grip with the built in finger stop. That's exactly what I want for my .22lr SBR build.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Nice job! Where did you get that forward grip with the built in finger stop. That's exactly what I want for my .22lr SBR build.

It's the A3 Tactical VFG with grenade grip. It's made in mlok, keymod, and picatinny; in my case I'm using the Kinect mlok->picatinny rail mount to turn the picatinny version QD. That way when I drop the thing on a pistol lower I can remove the VFG and drop an AFG in there quickly without tools.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's the A3 Tactical VFG with grenade grip. It's made in mlok, keymod, and picatinny; in my case I'm using the Kinect mlok->picatinny rail mount to turn the picatinny version QD. That way when I drop the thing on a pistol lower I can remove the VFG and drop an AFG in there quickly without tools.

Thank you. It looks very nice. Just need to talk myself into spending 100.00 for a VFG

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Endomag ran great!

Just put 150rds through it with an Endomag and had zero issues or failures. The Alpha Shooting sports BCG ended up not fitting/locking back so I returned it and went with the Faxon one which just performed flawlessly. Ran some Aguila and Magtech, all 124gr. Man, this thing is a joy to shoot. Zero feeding or reliability issues and always locked back on empty. Also fits perfectly in my bag, making for an easy and compact local indoor range trip. I’m in for more Endomags! https://imgur.com/a/l8g4zRb

Aero lower
    Standard LPK
    Magpuk BAD lever
    B5 grip
    ALG ACT trigger
    Standard AR-15 upper
    9MM port door
    Pmag M3 with Endomag guts
    Law Tactical folding adapter SBA3 brace w/ lunar concepts splitfix strap
    KAK 8oz buffer, standard carbine spring
    Faxon 9mm BCG
    Grey Badger ambi charging handle
    BA 5.5” 9mm barrel
    KAK 5” flash can
    ALG EMR V2 rail
    BCM keymod rail covers
    SI curved link handstop
    Bushnell TRS-25

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I had this Spectre II on a 10/22 and it was not quite as quiet as I wanted it with the bolt cycling making extra noise and the sound escaping with the blowback. My first 22 rifle was this Marlin so I had it cut down crowned and threaded. I ran some CCI subsonic through it and it is as quiet as a BB gun or airsoft. Perfect for the back yard squirrel hunts to pick off those pesky corn thieves
    fe8862a78ad493c84a0a64f07fdb069e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Spectre II. Waited 11 1/2 months to finally get this bad boy. Now to get myself a decent rifle and pistol for it. What do you guys recommend?

https://imgur.com/a/wiVoIIc

Well, as far as rifle, I can tell you this. I had mine on a Ruger 10/22 and I purchased a Hogue stock and a bull barrel that was threaded. yes, it was quite and fun, but if you wanted ultra quiet with CCI quiets of course it would not cycle. As per the picture above, I went to a bolt gun.

I contemplated just buying a Ruger American Threaded but this Marlin was becoming a closet queen until now. If I did not already have a bolt gun to thread, I would have gotten the Ruger American with a threaded barrel. Probably ordering from 2A in Jessup.

As far as Pistol, I think there is already a thread on this with several pages.
    Here you go:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=230061

I know I love my browning buckmark although its heavier than the 22/45 light that my wife owns which was already threaded.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My room-clearing sniper rifle build:
    AA 11" 6.5 Grendel Barrel
    Aero Enhanced Upper
    Aero 7" Quantum Handguard
    YHM gas block with integrated front sight
    (not pictured - Magpul Pro rear BUIS)
    Burris XTR II 1.5-8x on LaRue 201 mount
    Bootleg BC
    AA bolt
    Engage billet lower
    Geissele SSA-E
    ASR brake
    PWS ratcheting endplate
    BCM extended CH
    Phase 5 ambi-lever

Looking forward to replacing the furniture with some better stuff, probably a Magpul MOE+ and an ACS-L.

Attachments

• 6.5g ar15 sbr.jpg
      6.5g ar15 sbr.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 446

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads