• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Fair point, well made as ever MJD. I would add that as an alternative, you can copy a map as part of your testimony and have it distributed. Then during your oral you can say something like "You should all have a copy of a map I am going to refer to (big pause so they go look for it) and if you'll look at it, you'll see...."

Those maps were part of my written testimony for SB100, HB432 and HB767, so all committee members have a take home copy.

Those maps were part of my written testimony for SB100, HB432 and HB767, so all committee members have a take home copy.

Unfortunately they probably weren't even looked at and went right into the recycling bin. If any of them even half way payed attention during the testimony's or cared about the constitution or our rights, this bill would have passed by now.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Unfortunately they probably weren't even looked at and went right into the recycling bin. If any of them even half way payed attention during the testimony's or cared about the constitution or our rights, this bill would have passed by now.

It's the game we have to play. I have noticed improvement over the past years. Our community generated questions in JPR, from non-R seats. We also did have the attention of some of the D's on JPR at various points in testimony. Will it change overnight, no; will we need to keep opening eyes and playing the cards carefully, yes.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    They ( at least the "old-timers") have seen that map before, I submitted old (from the 1980s? where almost no state was shall issue) & new in written testimony last session (yeah, right, like I believe the antis really read any of that) and referred to it in my orals in House and Senate hearings. Having the deluxe size in living color right in front of them was a much better presentation, and one they couldn't ignore. Somewhere I read a description of Jaqueline's testimony as "class and sass" and I think that sums it up perfectly.

And GR, every page of written testimony becomes part of the record, stored in perpetuity. Nothing goes into the recycling. Any member of the public can go to the archives and look up any past bill. If you go looking for the gun bills in 2014, they should be easy to find since they will be several feet thick!

Last edited:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    They ( at least the "old-timers") have seen that map before, I submitted old (from the 1980s? where almost no state was shall issue) & new in written testimony last session (yeah, right, like I believe the antis really read any of that) and referred to it in my orals in House and Senate hearings. Having the deluxe size in living color right in front of them was a much better presentation, and one they couldn't ignore. Somewhere I read a description of Jaqueline's testimony as "class and sass" and I think that sums it up perfectly.

And GR, every page of written testimony becomes part of the record, stored in perpetuity. Nothing goes into the recycling. Any member of the public can go to the archives and look up any past bill. If you go looking for the gun bills in 2014, they should be easy to find since they will be several feet thick!

Do you mean 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom