• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Volunteering @ MSI booth is free admission .

Joining or renewing NRA or VCDL is free admission .
    Stop by our (MSI) booth and we'll talk about getting your Maryland Wear & Carry Permit.

Seriously, our members get expert advice and permits ARE approved.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Never been to Harrisburg show, but Timonium I agree, waste of gas. Chantilly is a large show. I have seen plenty of wood and steel bolt guns, can't speak to the optics there. Usually looking for mags or something new. It's worthwhile to go at least once.

The only issue with the show is the $16.00 entrance fee. Parking can be a bear, I have parked over in the Walmart lot far away from the show. Cabella's is not so far away so I usually go there afterwards.
    As Bigfoot says: JOIN MSI and volunteer to work our table a few hours, and you'll be admitted as an EXHIBITOR for free.

Wearing that Exhibitor Badge often earns you an additional discount from lots of other Vendors.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    What can one expect from this type of show? I've been to the timonium and Harrisburg shows and both were a waste of time and money, filled with Chinese garbage ar parts and camo socks.

Will vendors have name brand optics and bolt guns etc to look at?
    It's a HUGE venue, hundreds of tables with QUALITY stuff in every category.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    From their website.

HOURS:
    Friday: 3:00PM - 8:00PM
    Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
    Sunday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

ADMISSION:
    Friday: $13.00
    $22.00 for 3 day pass
    Adults: $16.00 for Saturday or Sunday

Get in Free Sunday with
    hand stamp from Saturday

Teens 12 - 17 years: $8.00

Children under 12: FREE

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    From their website.

HOURS:
    Friday: 3:00PM - 8:00PM
    Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
    Sunday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

ADMISSION:
    Friday: $13.00
    $22.00 for 3 day pass
    Adults: $16.00 for Saturday or Sunday

Get in Free Sunday with
    hand stamp from Saturday

Teens 12 - 17 years: $8.00

Children under 12: FREE

Thanks, website blocked from work

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm planning to go - I don't have anything specific in mind, but I like to look around. If I find the right deal on the right thing, I'll be a buyer. I might see if I can find some decently priced magazines because I'm doing an AR build for Christmas, and I'll need magazines for that. I'd also like to see if I can get some High Standard HD Military 22 pistol magazines - I've literally only got one. I might also see if I can find some ammo cans, but I'm probably a few years past the point on those, or at the very least, they'll be somewhat costly.

Probably take the missus too - she finds it to be an educational experience every time we go.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Can’t make it down until sunday. And only going for standard size mags and an excuse for a stop at either Vanish or Adroit on a gorgeous day.

Can someone pls post the going rate for PMags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Visit the MSI table today and you can shake hands with this guy ...

c32afc5816108ac3603a380dbc77f36a.jpg

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Went today, not nearly as crowded as I expected it to be given all the recent gun control talk. I go mainly to browse C&R guns, and there were lots of good deals today, at least for my interests (WWII German/Japanese pistols and rifles). Had to pass on several fantastic deals due to lack of cash, but scooped up a real nice and scarce German contract Astra 400 with some ammo for wayyy below market value.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Was very busy today, especially in the back with all the modern semi autos. Decent deals on USGI mags from one vendor.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Was very busy today, especially in the back with all the modern semi autos. Decent deals on USGI mags from one vendor.

The ones I saw today were junk for the colt 20 rounders. Managed to find some @ 25.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was specifically looking for 20rd metal AR mags ( because I Like 20rd ) .

The usual guy in the small room , with the plastic tubs had a few, but for $19.95 I continued to shop . Finally the people in the back right corner , with huge banner pronouncing " CLIPS" had C Products @ $19.95, and " GI" @ $24.95 . Two C Products followed me . ( These guys go have huges selection , including lots of fairly obscure ones .) A different vendor in small room had a large selection of Ruger P90 mags .

A nipple wrench is a minor thing, but rarely found @ a local establishment . I got one, two left .

For those who remember 9BPLE , I got a cpl 50rd boxes for $15ea .

And for those who know me , a major streak died today, I did NOT score a leather holster(s) ! I was trying to minimize my budget, and didn't even look .

And of course a pleasure seeing the various MDS'ers stopping by the MSI booth .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom