• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    The OP said he has EZ Pass MD, which gets him across the I-95 bridge into Ceciltucky. What he doesn't have is EZ Pass DE, which gets him across the border. If you take the "red" route above, you will have the least issue in trying to defeat that toll. I grew up in that area, and work in that area. I am there right now, in fact.

EZ Pass is EZ Pass. It will get you through any place that will accept EZ Pass. I have used my EZ Pass from MD going out west many times through Pennsylvania, Indiana and even Illinois. The OP said he is tired of paying the high tolls and wanted to know if there was a shorter route of bypassing the toll other than going down Rt 4 to Elkton Rd.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    It should not matter what ezpass he has, I got ez pass de when i came out here to avoid the fee md wanted me to pay. I use this ezpass in de, pa, and md and have never had a problem

Although they work in all EZ Pass locations, between states, the rates are different. I have EZ pass MD, and to get across the I-95 bridge, like the OP, I only pay $0.80, I think it is, as opposed to the usual $5 toll. As Marylanders, however, we get no discount at the MD/DE line, which is his concern. As a DE resident, do you get a discount on DE tolls with EZ Pass?

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    EZ Pass is EZ Pass. It will get you through any place that will accept EZ Pass. I have used my EZ Pass from MD going out west many times through Pennsylvania, Indiana and even Illinois. The OP said he is tired of paying the high tolls and wanted to know if there was a shorter route of bypassing the toll other than going down Rt 4 to Elkton Rd.

See post above. He is having to pay the normal rate at the MD/DE line as opposed to the discounted rate.

LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    Although they work in all EZ Pass locations, between states, the rates are different. I have EZ pass MD, and to get across the I-95 bridge, like the OP, I only pay $0.80, I think it is, as opposed to the usual $5 toll. As Marylanders, however, we get no discount at the MD/DE line, which is his concern. As a DE resident, do you get a discount on DE tolls with EZ Pass?

I dont know, I was not aware a discounted rate even existed. I will have to check.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    I dont know, I was not aware a discounted rate even existed. I will have to check.

Yes, In MD, you get a choice of like four different daily commute routes, or something like that. Along those routes, all tolls are something like $0.80. Don't quote me on any of this, I'm going purely off memory, and suffering from CRS. You still get to use the EZ Pass everywhere, but off your commuter route, and definitely out of state, you have to pay full toll price. So the OP is getting the discounted rate across the Susquehanna, into Ceciltucky, but is getting slammed at the border.

I work in DE, and live in Ceciltucky, and although I work right near the I-95 ramp, I take U.S. Route 40, so as to avoid the toll. Sometimes, I take the "red" route, in reverse, but that works best coming, rather than going, because going you have to left turn, which is an instant red light. Going home, I ususally use the "blue" route, because of the traffic pattern, then.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    All EZ Pass users used to get a discount at the MD/DE line. It used to only cost $1.75 until the last rate increase. Then they quit giving the discount.

Maybe on your DE EZ Pass you got a discount, but to MD EZ Pass holders, we had to pay full price at the border.

DE is considered the "owner" of that toll, or at least as far as EZ Pass is concerned.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Maybe on your DE EZ Pass you got a discount, but to MD EZ Pass holders, we had to pay full price at the border.

DE is considered the "owner" of that toll, or at least as far as EZ Pass is concerned.

Nope I have always had a MD EZ Pass. The toll at one time was $1.75. At one point they raised it to something like $2.50. It was left at $1.75 for all EZ Pass users until the rate hike went up to whatever it is now. I could be wrong on those exact numbers but at one time even us MD only had to pay the old rate.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Nope I have always had a MD EZ Pass. The toll at one time was $1.75. At one point they raised it to something like $2.50. It was left at $1.75 for all EZ Pass users until the rate hike went up to whatever it is now. I could be wrong on those exact numbers but at one time even us MD only had to pay the old rate.

Iteresting, but then again, I never really look at the stinkin' bill that closely anyway. I still use mine, general use only, for business trips, vacations and such. I only remember the reduced rate deal-e-o, because my wife used to daily commute to Balmer every day. I was going to use it, but the border toll made it too cost prohibitive. At that time, and maybe it was because I was on the plan, I was getting soaked for the full $4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom