• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Competitive shooters, with the exploding technology and popularity surrounding GoPro style cameras, more and more shooters are recording their matches.

This is useful for personal match analysis and improvement plus some cool factor/bragging rights.

I'm starting this thread as a place for folks to post their footage in similar fashion to the practice video thread I started.

Please post videos of match stages. IDPA, USPSA, 3 gun, Steel Challenge, GSSF among other action shooting sports are most welcome.

Again this is YOUR MATCH FOOTAGE ONLY(doesnt have to be first person GoPro style. A buddy taking video of you shooting a stage on your Iphone works just as well). Posting your score and place in the match is optional but encouraged. Videos dont have to be current. Posting past match footage you'd like to showcase if perfectly fine.

All classifications and skill levels very welcome. Please keep criticism to a minimum unless the poster asks for tips. Kind encouragement is the way to go here to give folks a boost to get out and keep shooting matches.

I will start it off. Here is 9 of 10 stages from this weekends VA Indoor IDPA Regionals Match. I forgot to turn on my camera for stage 5.
    I shot the dark stages better than the ones in the light which I found frustrating and amusing.
    Awards for the match:
    -ESP Division Champ (and overall winner)
    -Most Accurate
    -High Industry

Last edited:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Not a Go Pro pro here. Are you wearing it on your head? How do you attach it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Not a Go Pro pro here. Are you wearing it on your head? How do you attach it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many ways folks mount their cameras. Mine is a simple head strap. Here is what it looks like. There are more clever ways to do it, but this way works ok for me.

Attachments

• vogelsmall.jpg
      vogelsmall.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 1,268

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Great thread idea! I love watching FPV shooting. My first official competition is in June and I'll definitely have some content then.:thumbsup:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Great posts thanks! FYI to embed the videos you do it like this: [y t]uxcwE1UbPtw[/MEDIA] just remove the space between the y and t in the first bracket and here is your first video you posted:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Competitive shooters, with the exploding technology and popularity surrounding GoPro style cameras, more and more shooters are recording their matches.

This is useful for personal match analysis and improvement plus some cool factor/bragging rights.

I'm starting this thread as a place for folks to post their footage in similar fashion to the practice video thread I started.

Please post videos of match stages. IDPA, USPSA, 3 gun, Steel Challenge, GSSF among other action shooting sports are most welcome.

Again this is YOUR MATCH FOOTAGE ONLY(doesnt have to be first person GoPro style. A buddy taking video of you shooting a stage on your Iphone works just as well). Posting your score and place in the match is optional but encouraged. Videos dont have to be current. Posting past match footage you'd like to showcase if perfectly fine.

All classifications and skill levels very welcome. Please keep criticism to a minimum unless the poster asks for tips. Kind encouragement is the way to go here to give folks a boost to get out and keep shooting matches.

I will start it off. Here is 9 of 10 stages from this weekends VA Indoor IDPA Regionals Match. I forgot to turn on my camera for stage 5.
    I shot the dark stages better than the ones in the light which I found frustrating and amusing.
    Awards for the match:
    -ESP Division Champ (and overall winner)
    -Most Accurate
    -High Industry

I dig it. :thumbsup:

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Below is my first match with a Limited gun. Well I did shoot one or two club matches before this. This was last years state match, I was happy with how I did even though I made a couple dumb mistakes. I was getting my feet wet in limited to prepare for this year.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here's a quick vid of the 2 classifiers from last Thursday night's USPSA match at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick.
    The first is 09-13. Shot it in 4.15 secs with 4 Alphas and 2 Bravos for a 6.2651 HF
    Th 2nd is 09-14. Shot it in 4.61 secs with 3 Alphas, 1 Charlie and 3 steel down for a 7.1584 HF.

These 2 scores added to my previous classifiers are just barely enough to bump me into Master class.

Last edited:

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    This past weekend at Allegheny Sniper Challenge. Tough shot, small target waaaay down there in the trees, a 6" round flopper I think. 500-ish yards. Sitting unsupported, all you could use was a sling.

NSFW (colorful language)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom