• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    I finally completed a long standing project: an ersatz M1903A1 USMC sniper clone. Vintage NOS Keystone stock, 1.3M serial# action, new Criterion barrel, NM rear sight. In that trim she shoots in the MOA range with issue sights. Last week I finally got the Unertl 8x 1 1/4" scope mounted, and expect great things of her. The scope is the same model and magnification as the fabled USMC, but its mounts aren't black and it didn't cost but 1/10 of what a correct one would. So be it, I'll get the same kick out of it regardless!

1Ha7tmjl.jpg

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I finally completed a long standing project: an ersatz M1903A1 USMC sniper clone. Vintage NOS Keystone stock, 1.3M serial# action, new Criterion barrel, NM rear sight. In that trim she shoots in the MOA range with issue sights. Last week I finally got the Unertl 8x 1 1/4" scope mounted, and expect great things of her. The scope is the same model and magnification as the fabled USMC, but its mounts aren't black and it didn't cost but 1/10 of what a correct one would. So be it, I'll get the same kick out of it regardless!

1Ha7tmjl.jpg

Noahhh, great job, great looking rifle and I bet it will shoot as well as it looks.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Fantastic looking rifle! Really love the grain on the stock. I'd love to see a range report :)

FYI for the 1903A1 USMC Sniper reproduction aficionado's...that scope is a 1" target scope, not the 1 1/4" target scope. I have the same scope on my 1903A1 USMC sniper repro. The 1 1/4" scopes are getting harder and harder to find and command a higher price than the 1" scopes...although those are also going up in price and becoming more rare as folks are snapping them up and building 1903A1 and M70 reproductions.

One of the easiest ways to tell at a glance is the 1" scope has a round head screw on the scope body that is not found on the 1 1/4" scope. They are also different lengths.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Yep, she shoots. And yes, I'm a happy camper. 10 3-shot groups all under an inch, a couple smaller than this one. Who says cast bullets aren't as accurate as jacketed?

5IubF3hl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom