• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md417

Feb 2, 2013
    Pasadena
    License Number

When you get you letter telling saying you were approved as a designated collector shouldn't there be some type of registration number assigned to you in the forum? I got my letter in the mail yesterday and it states I was approved. I thought the 77R forum had a check box asking if you were a collector and you had to but a registration number beside it.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    When you get you letter telling saying you were approved as a designated collector shouldn't there be some type of registration number assigned to you in the forum? I got my letter in the mail yesterday and it states I was approved. I thought the 77R forum had a check box asking if you were a collector and you had to but a registration number beside it.

Thread from the dead!!!

Nope you just get a letter, MOST state, "not disapproved" then it must just go on record somewhere.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I thought the 77R forum had a check box asking if you were a collector and you had to but a registration number beside it.

There's a check box. You check it. That's it. MSP verifies your collector status as part of the "not disapproved" process.

Hi All,

I am a new member of MD Shooters.

I found this form on the MD State Police site, named Form MSP 29-56 (MD State Police Regulated Firearms Collector Application) at http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

From what I understand, this provides exemption from some of the waiting periods in MD. Is that correct? Does anyone know the process of completing this form (e.g., where to turn-in; the waiting period, etc)?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Ralph

just adding the updated location of the form if anyone is reading this thread the above URL goes to a 404 ..page not found.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Licensing%20Division%20Documents/Collector_Application_Affidavit%20(5).pdf

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Nothing wrong with bringing back certain topics that haven't been used in a period of time. I rather bring up a "dead" one than to start a new thread of the same topic...

The question should be, why aren't the same topics not being merged together and clean up the forums? but hey, its "above my pay grade"...:cool:

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    I mailed off my letter on Monday. Is the wait still one month, or should I expect longer?
    I mailed mine and it two weeks to get my letter. It didn't take long.
    just got mine, took a month...:sad20:

Nothing wrong with bringing back certain topics that haven't been used in a period of time. I rather bring up a "dead" one than to start a new thread of the same topic...

The question should be, why aren't the same topics not being merged together and clean up the forums? but hey, its "above my pay grade"...:cool:

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I waited for about six weeks after sending my affidavit before calling to see why I had not received my letter of approval as a Designated Collector. I was told that it was not processed because I had not purchased a regulated firearm in Maryland since 1986. I informed the young lady that it had actually been since 1983 and was told their system was updated in 86 and that is why they had the wrong year of purchase.

I then told her that I had recently purchased a handgun using my C&R. She said that since I had a C&R, to email her a copy and she would process it immediately. I received it in the mail today.

Nowhere on the affidavit form, does it request any information about a C&R license number or request a copy be submitted with the affidavit.

To avoid a similar delay, you should send a copy of your C&R with the affidavit.

If it wasn't for my children living here, I would leave this commie state!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    FWIW: I mailed the app on 3/31. Got the letter back dated 4/5 on 4/7 with approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom