• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ill give mine another week or so. Im not sore about it, just a little disappointed it takes so long compared to the Feds.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Ill give mine another week or so. Im not sore about it, just a little disappointed it takes so long compared to the Feds.

I applied for mine in September or October I cant remember, but I still have not heard any word.

You guys should just email Cpl. Mike Cussimano. I'm sure you're good to go by now. They probably haven't gotten around to mailing out the letters.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I sent mine in the first week of December and emailed Cpl. Mike Cussimano and he replied a couple days later (last week) that I was "Not Disapproved". This collector application is going to end up being the most expensive free application ever!!

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Can you use the fact that you are notified by email that you are "not dissaproved" or do you have to wait for an official letter with some sort of collectors registration number?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I know I'll probably catch flack over this, but if everyone keeps emailing him and he has to stop and answer emails about am I not disapproved, he could probably turn out a few more each day and might not be so backlogged.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Just in case anybody is interested, this is the letter I received. As you can see it's 2008 so I guess the names have changed(To protect the innocent?)

Attachments

• Collector Letter-2.JPG
      Collector Letter-2.JPG
      34.3 KB · Views: 176

pwoolford

Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I know I'll probably catch flack over this, but if everyone keeps emailing him and he has to stop and answer emails about am I not disapproved, he could probably turn out a few more each day and might not be so backlogged.

Possibly...however, I think the backlog is partially by design. If MD gave a crap about turning these applications around in a couple weeks they would have more than one person processing them. Better yet, they would just repeal that silly mandate about 1 regulated gun per month.
    Also, I believe the applications are processed in batch so he most likely approves a pile of apps then sends out the letters. The interruption only takes long enough to check your status and reply with form letter type email message.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm sure that the backlog is by design, It seems like everything the state does is designed to put the shaft to the honest person in one way or another.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Also, I believe the applications are processed in batch so he most likely approves a pile of apps then sends out the letters. The interruption only takes long enough to check your status and reply with form letter type email message.

Not sure on that. He replied to me over 2 weeks ago saying I was good to go,..... still no letter.

Seems there is a disconnect between the "approval" and notification of approval. Which, honestly is a little scary (for instance). Some of us are being told to proceed as "collectors", verbally and via email, but don't have any document to back it up.

I'm not stressed in the least about it, just saying.....

pwoolford

Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Not sure on that. He replied to me over 2 weeks ago saying I was good to go,..... still no letter.

Seems there is a disconnect between the "approval" and notification of approval. Which, honestly is a little scary (for instance). Some of us are being told to proceed as "collectors", verbally and via email, but don't have any document to back it up.

I'm not stressed in the least about it, just saying.....

That is why I was thinking it is two steps. The apps get approved first then the letters are sent sometime later. I printed the email so that is enough for me! I never thought the 30 day wait would matter but I guess I'm like a big kid when I find something I want!

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    That is why I was thinking it is two steps. The apps get approved first then the letters are sent sometime later. I printed the email so that is enough for me! I never thought the 30 day wait would matter but I guess I'm like a big kid when I find something I want!

Don't forget anybody can buy two at once, then you have to wait even longer for the third one.
    It's like the laws are written by rabid ANTI-gunners and one person with some sense gives us an out.?

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    Answers to all these questions are in this thread and others....

Cusimano processes apps in batches. He is in the process of processing all the applications for January as we speak, verified via email yesterday as I'm a Jan applicant. So those who submitted apps in Jan can contact Cusimano next week for their Not Disapproved confirmation.

If you submitted your app prior to January, you are more than likely approved, just contact him via email and go shopping! Letters are sent out via a 3rd party and can take 1-3 months before you receive it in the mail after approved by Cusimano. He does not send out letters only does the approvals.

App submitted Jan gets approved in Feb
    App submitted Feb gets approved in March

Rinse and repeat...

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Letters take 1 to 3 MONTHS? They might want to look into the way the FEDS are doing it then, took a whole 3 weeks to get my C&R back, (in my hands).

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    cool i am still waiting for C&R. Hope that means mine is coming soon. sent mine in middle of jan. woo hoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom