• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbCoop

Aug 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Significant other is covered in seed ticks after spending today in the woods (yes clothes were pre-treated). I have tweezered them off in the past, which we'd both really like to avoid for the obvious reasons of it takes forever and being naked while gone over head to toe with tweezers sucks.

Consensus according to Google is 1-2 cups of bleach in a bath. Can anyone confirm? Other suggestions welcome as well.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    amputate just above the highest one.

ewwww that's seriously disgusting, we just pluck them off but sure there's a better way.

dbCoop

Aug 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore, MD
    amputate just above the highest one.

ewwww that's seriously disgusting, we just pluck them off but sure there's a better way.

Thought about just setting him on fire but amputation could be a viable option. Pulling off one by one would take hours (been there, done it), there's literally hundreds of them and they're the size of pinheads. It's sick.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    we think when we pull a dozen or so off our golden retriever that that is a lot. cannot imagine hundreds. i almost think i would set myself on fire.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Doc once told me to use soapy warm water on them and rub over it circles. Ticks came right off. I saw him do that to my son. It worked great, but it wasn't wasn't 100's of baby ones.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Next time fancy clothes or not-duct tape bottoms of your pants and shirt cuffs then spray Deet just about everwhere. But it's fun to a tick search later on, bottle of wine, soft music and a good pair of tweezers. Chris

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I got lucky, and noticed a bunch of them on my legs over the weekend while walking in the woods, and was able to get home quickly and showered quickly. I only had to pull 37 of them from my ankles to my thighs, none had climber higher yet. All over .......... would suck.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    100's doesn't seem like a lot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1473281095996.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1473281095996.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 616

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I can't give you any better advice on removing them, but I will give you three things to do after.......

1. Get checked for Lyme Disease!
    2. Get checked for Lyme Disease!!
    3. Get checked for Lyme Disease!!!

1. Deer Ticks are very small, like pinheads.
    2. Look for the Bulls-eye rash, that doesn't show up all the time.
    3. It can take several weeks for symptoms to show up.
    4. That big of a possible exposure, doc might give you Antibiotics just in case!!

Been there done that three times with my son. Fortunately, bull-eye rash showed it self early and Doxycycline took care of the issue.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Good God in heaven....

I've never had the uh... pleasure... of experiencing that kind of thing. The other thing I've read is that rubbing alcohol will kill them and cause them to drop off in 10-15 minutes, and that lice shampoos will also work.
    Too easy... Wax is the best way to take them off..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom