• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The Italian made Beretta 92SB had an option for full auto (9 mm) back in the early 80's. I don't know if any were imported and sold to the public back then.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    The Italian made Beretta 92SB had an option for full auto (9 mm) back in the early 80's. I don't know if any were imported and sold to the public back then.
    I remember in the mid-80s I was shooting my 92F at the range when I heard auto fire in the lane next to me. I looked over and the shooter had a Beretta pistol, probably an SB as you just described.

I wish I had asked him about it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Those were the 93R . Where we now commonly have rails, they had little tiny fold out front grip.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The 93R was a 3 round burst gun that could use a folding stock and had a fore grip. It about 1988 ish a friend of mine ( a class2 manufacture) Had made a select fire 92F in the Glen Burnie area. He use to be half owner of select fire range there when it first opened up. It was both a neat and fun gun to shoot !! The movie industry wanted to use the gun in several movies. But they never struck a deal.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I much prefer the Beretta .177 pelet pistol. The rifled barrel and compressed air cartridge make it a more practical tool, and though it doesn't have the fun factor of the BB pistol, the range and punch of the pellet pistol make it better for small pests. Unfortunately, Montgomery County considers all these things as guns and therefore they're four-letter words as far as it's concerned. You can't even shoot an air pistol in your own back yard.

Still, the BB pistol does look fun. But I feel sorry for all those innocent lollipops.

The satin version is my favorite, but I despise the two-tone look that S&W and Beretta seem to like.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well it arrived. Fairly impressed at the likeness to the real thing. The auto is a hoot.. First time I fired it auto, heard the wife from another room, "OK what the hell is that!"

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    That's a beautiful pistol and a great toy. It's amazing that we grow up (allegedly), then buy these types of things.

When I was a kid, I actually dreaded growing up because I noticed that adults received gifts like ties, socks and calenders. How boring!

Even now, when I see something like this air pistol I'm tempted to order one even though I have no need for it whatsoever! It's just that as a gift or a toy, it beats underwear, other clothing, tie clips and additional useless stuff that adults get on Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries and so forth.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Did someone say 92A1? :innocent0
    And yes it's got a happy switch.:party29:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 298

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts