• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhowell

Feb 13, 2012
    just bought the wife a S&W Sigma 9mm, going to fill out the paperwork on Saturday. If anyone will have a lock I could borrow in a week for so PM me please!

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    I also have a .38/.357 magnum lock that I'll happily lend. I'm in Milersville not far from the Marley Station Mall.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Hey FrankOceanXray, would you mind editing your opening post in this thread to ask people to put what locks they have available and a link to this thread in their signatures? That way people finding the thread will see the idea right away. The more we spread the idea of sharing locks, the more we can nullify the pointless law.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I have a .22lr and a .40s&w approved internal locks.

Also, plenty of UN-APPROVED trigger and cable locks, lol. Seems like everything comes with a cable lock.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I have one in .40 that I would be willing to lend to anyone in need.

Also, picking up a .357 revolver next Saturday. Anyone in the Bel Air or Owings Mills area (or anywhere in between) have a lock I can bum when I pick up?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have one in .40 that I would be willing to lend to anyone in need.

Also, picking up a .357 revolver next Saturday. Anyone in the Bel Air or Owings Mills area (or anywhere in between) have a lock I can bum when I pick up?
    If you can't find anyone close by to borrow the .357 lock, let me know. I'm in Baltimore and can figure out a way to meet halfway.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    I'm in Harford County, and have a 9mm approved internal lock to loan out.

Also, I'll need a .45ACP internal lock for my new G21SF in the next week or so...

bad89coupe

MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2012
    Woodbine, Maryland
    The gun center Frederick, Md

just bought a new sig sp2022 in .40cal., and not only did the gun come with a new cable lock, but they also threw in a free lock for the chamber, and a box of ammo!:party29:

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    They have the right to cover themselves ..

Look I have been on both sides of the counter and maybe you all are up standing individuals but your not everyone .. The store has the right to set thier own policies .. They are not breaking any law by setting these policies .

Now like people will say "I do not have to spend my money" nope you do not you can pick and choose where you go to . But we as a consumer do not have to deal with the outcome of dealing with the state or ATF when it comes to firearms related matters .

You may not like what I am saying but it is true regardless of what we think .

I have had the law read to me, and also read it myself. I find the way it is worded is that a lock MUST BE SOLD with each handgun purchase. There are some FFL's who do bend the rules a tad, and I believe the MDSP look the other way mostly, but I trust them only so far. ALL FLL's in MD are under a microscope, as we are NOT a 2A Friendly state this could come back to bite a shop right square in the tush. Just my $.02.

S12

Nov 3, 2010
    Centreville MD
    I will be driving from Centreville to Mt Airy to pick up my glock 22c sometime next week from Shooters Discount. If anyone has a lock for 40 I could borrow along the way I would appreciate it. I will also be in Baltimore City over the weekend too.

TopShot0352

Feb 5, 2011
    Gettysburg
    just bought a new sig sp2022 in .40cal., and not only did the gun come with a new cable lock, but they also threw in a free lock for the chamber, and a box of ammo!:party29:

They charge you for the lock check the receipt (or atleast they did last year when I got my first and last gun from them) and its CCI blazers dont get too excited lol

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    MD Law. Why? Because people vote Democrat.

FIFY. I don't purchase handguns new and the transfers have all been at the MSP barracks so no lock needed. That said I may have to pop over to Freestate and buy one just to throw in the bucket, It's a hell of an idea.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I somehow ended up with a (worthless) approved 5.7 lock I'm willing to loan. Just PM me and I'll either meet you some place, leave it somewhere or mail it to you, whichever is easiest; on one condition. You return it, or let me hold onto something as collateral. A portrait of Ben Franklin would be excellent collateral, and would be returned to you when you return the lock. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom