I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Dicks CEO just announced no more "assault weapons", no standard capacity mags and no gun sales to anyone under 21 in Dicks and Field and Stream stores. I don't know what percentage of their sales are to gun owners and hunters but they sure are biting the hand that feeds them! I wont spend a dime there again.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Since when did Dicks sell "assault weapons" anyway. All I've ever seen in there were single shots, bolts, levers, and pumps.

Just out of curiosity... if Federal law says that an 18 year old can buy a shotgun or non-evil rifle, and they refuse service on the basis of age, wouldn't that be the foundation of an age discrimination suit. I know that they can make their own policies, but I don't see how this would be any different than them saying we refuse to sell guns to women or to African Americans. Sounds like it would be ripe for a legal challenge. My daughter turns 18 in June... might have to see if she wants to be a test case.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Since when did Dicks sell "assault weapons" anyway. All I've ever seen in there were single shots, bolts, levers, and pumps.

Just out of curiosity... if Federal law says that an 18 year old can buy a shotgun or non-evil rifle, and they refuse service on the basis of age, wouldn't that be the foundation of an age discrimination suit. I know that they can make their own policies, but I don't see how this would be any different than them saying we refuse to sell guns to women or to African Americans. Sounds like it would be ripe for a legal challenge. My daughter turns 18 in June... might have to see if she wants to be a test case.

They stopped selling AR style guns in MD after 2013, but still sell them in other states especially their Field and Stream stores, they actually carry a lot of AR's as well as magazines, parts and accessories.

That's a very interesting point about age discrimination. My son turns 18 next week and he is definitely buying a gun, just wont be at Dicks!

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Pretty stupid considering they were trying to make Field and Stream a Cabelas/Academy competitor. I went to a new one in GA and they had AR parts, cheap AR's and even a SCAR.

I have no reason to buy anything from them now.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

They stopped selling AR style guns in MD after 2013, but still sell them in other states especially their Field and Stream stores, they actually carry a lot of AR's as well as magazines, parts and accessories.

That's a very interesting point about age discrimination. My son turns 18 next week and he is definitely buying a gun, just wont be at Dicks!
    I remember Dicks pulled all of them after Sandy Hook, I didn't know they ever started selling them again. Shows you how much I shop there.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Fox just said they will speak on this within the hour.

Attachments

• kohls.jpg
      kohls.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 498

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Just saw that. Jumping on the the bandwagon. What a douche...

That's exactly what is. I rarely go to Dick's for anything more than ammo when they have it on-sale and, even then, I prefer to order it online and wait for it to be shipped than pay them $3-$10 per box more for the same thing.

I've never shopped Dick's for guns but, from what I've seen of their inventory at the Frederick store, they don't have much that interests me. I'd still rather buy from one of our IP's and drive twice as far than give them my money.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Just sent an email to Mr Dick CEO telling him my boys and I would boycott his stores. I said does Kellogg's mean anything to you?

Morons caving to anti civil rights extremists deserve to go out of business.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I bought a shotgun from them years ago for my boy. It was screwed up and I took it back. The replacement had a problem and I took it to Scotts in Glen Burnie and he fixed it for free. I've been buying from Scotts ever since. I wouldn't buy a gun from Dicks even if it was free.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    They had a weak spine in 2013 as well. Haven't bought anything from then since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom