• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    As usual, I am the dumbest sunuvabitch to ever draw breath, as I have never noticed one of these stations in any gun shop, or range.

Why? :shrug:

No one said that there were any such stations at any public Range or LGS.

The statement was that they are a requirement at many (if not all) Police Ranges where LEOs go for training and re-qualification. And that they most certainly SHOULD be provided by the Public Ranges and LGSs for the same reason. That being... to safely clear all firearms prior to any subsequent handling of said firearms inside of the Range or LGS.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I remember purchasing firearms from Albert's Hardware, it was probably the 80's early 90's. The shop was a total mess and cats everywhere! The proprietors name was Shannon but he ended up closing shop and worked at Tractor Supply for a while, haven't seen him there in quite some time.
    I liked going in there, I also purchased a couple guns from him. I don't know what became of him after leaving TSC
    I don't know about you all, but I was taught and trained that a firearm is "Always" considered loaded until "you" removed the magazine and visually inspected the chamber. This was and to me always rule number one, never to be discounted as consequence of a fatal discharge cannot be reversed. I have always during my training and career used a clearing barrel. I don't think it is something that should be discouraged, if one desires to have one. There is always individuals that will take things to extremes.

I with you, you can't fix stupid.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Why? :shrug:

No one said that there were any such stations at any public Range or LGS.

The statement was that they are a requirement at many (if not all) Police Ranges where LEOs go for training and re-qualification. And that they most certainly SHOULD be provided by the Public Ranges and LGSs for the same reason. That being... to safely clear all firearms prior to any subsequent handling of said firearms inside of the Range or LGS.

I know of one at an outdoor club range that hosts local police dept training and qualification. Although the non-PD club members are free to use the barrel to clear a weapon, it was put there by the PD for their required use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom