• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I always present myself in a polite and professional matter and, wouldn't you know it... I get treated the same way.

Thats part of the reason why I liked going to Continental to shoot alot, except when I bought those pink grips for my GF's ruger and you got all jealous and mad because you intended to buy them. :lol2:

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Thats part of the reason why I liked going to Continental to shoot alot, except when I bought those pink grips for my GF's ruger and you got all jealous and mad because you intended to buy them. :lol2:

They match my thong!

In seriousness though, I know that some folks at all retail establishments (guns or otherwise) are just peter-heads and there's nothing you can do to stop that. I tend to ignore it.

Looks like they went out of business. I drove by the other day and there was a going out of business sale sign on the door. All the lights were off and it was during business hours. I know they have a bad rep but I've never had a problem there.

I have no doubt the new laws played a big part in there closing. Most people bought everything they wanted before the new laws took effect and a lot of people don't want to get a hql. They probably also lost a lot of business to Free State.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Looks like they went out of business. I drove by the other day and there was a going out of business sale sign on the door. All the lights were off and it was during business hours. I know they have a bad rep but I've never had a problem there.

I have no doubt the new laws played a big part in there closing. Most people bought everything they wanted before the new laws took effect and a lot of people don't want to get a hql. They probably also lost a lot of business to Free State.

No sympathy from me. Those festering tacticool assholes earned it.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Saying something nice about Just Guns alert: Look away if you think you may feel ill.

I bought a bunch of surplus 8mm ammo about a year ago. Went home and put it away. Several months went by and I decided to take one of my Mausers to the range. Out of a 15 count box, I was getting 3 bangs and 12 clicks. Not a happy camper.

Went back to Just Guns and explained the story. The guy remembered me. No attitude. No "it must be your gun". No "we have no control over that". Nothing.

He could have told me to pack sand or f**k off or anything else colorful that comes to mind. Again, nothing.

He reached down, grabbed a stack of 8mm Remington ammo, and asked if this would make things right. I was pleasantly surprised and said yes. I asked him if he wanted the remaining boxes of surplus back. He said keep them and to see what kind of use I could get out of them. Shoot them, pull the bullets, etc...

Given enough thought, all of us could come up with a reason not to shop at our most favorite LGS.

So. When someone does something nice, folks should know about it.

You may commence with the piling on now.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Saying something nice about Just Guns alert: Look away if you think you may feel ill.

I bought a bunch of surplus 8mm ammo about a year ago. Went home and put it away. Several months went by and I decided to take one of my Mausers to the range. Out of a 15 count box, I was getting 3 bangs and 12 clicks. Not a happy camper.

Went back to Just Guns and explained the story. The guy remembered me. No attitude. No "it must be your gun". No "we have no control over that". Nothing.

He could have told me to pack sand or f**k off or anything else colorful that comes to mind. Again, nothing.

He reached down, grabbed a stack of 8mm Remington ammo, and asked if this would make things right. I was pleasantly surprised and said yes. I asked him if he wanted the remaining boxes of surplus back. He said keep them and to see what kind of use I could get out of them. Shoot them, pull the bullets, etc...

Given enough thought, all of us could come up with a reason not to shop at our most favorite LGS.

So. When someone does something nice, folks should know about it.

You may commence with the piling on now.

Good to hear. I might stop in after work.

:)

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD

Yep, SB281 was the final straw for that place. Sky high prices and bad CS

Feb 28, 2013
    They tried to tell me once that Cromwell's, down in St. Mary's county, was an illegal operation because he works out of his house. :sad20:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I was never a fan of Valley Guns or Just Guns but I won't paint everyone with a bad brush. There was/is a young guy named Adam working there that always treated me well and gave me a break sometimes if I was buying a few accessories/supplies. Given what he had for employers I hope he lands a job at another shop.
    Quite honestly I'm surprised they survived as long as they did given the trouble the owner and his son got into. They had to put the business in the mother's name to stay open.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I went to this shop 2 times one time my buddy bought a lower receiver and some ammo way overpriced but it was before the ban so i guess that was part of it and the second i went in to by some pistol ammo.
    When i went to buy the ammo i was told i could not purchase the ammo one the shelf.. They said that oh i need ammo to sell with the guns we sell.. so my question was whats the difference you are still making the money i could not for the life of me understand why you would turn down a customer with cash wanting several boxes of ammo it was 9mm ammo at that and they had a bunch.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My wife bought her P250 there. First ever gun purchase so we went on the recommendation of a friend without shopping around. Found out later we paid about $100 too much. :sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I went to this shop 2 times one time my buddy bought a lower receiver and some ammo way overpriced but it was before the ban so i guess that was part of it and the second i went in to by some pistol ammo.
    When i went to buy the ammo i was told i could not purchase the ammo one the shelf.. They said that oh i need ammo to sell with the guns we sell.. so my question was whats the difference you are still making the money i could not for the life of me understand why you would turn down a customer with cash wanting several boxes of ammo it was 9mm ammo at that and they had a bunch.

It's a good decision to hold ammo back and sell the ammo with the firearm.

It allows the customer to walk out with a complete package.

Some ranges were refusing to sell ammo outright so the folks coming into shoot would have something to shoot.

No one wants to view these polices from the eyes of the shop owners.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's a good decision to hold ammo back and sell the ammo with the firearm.

It allows the customer to walk out with a complete package.

Some ranges were refusing to sell ammo outright so the folks coming into shoot would have something to shoot.

No one wants to view these polices from the eyes of the shop owners.

I get that but how bout stocking enough to sell a little to someone who just needs ammo. Maybe someone who bought a gun a month prior and shot everything that was purchased with it :shrug:

I mean seriously, does best buy not sell dvds alone bc someone who bought a DVD player needs something to go with it....

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I get that but how bout stocking enough to sell a little to someone who just needs ammo. Maybe someone who bought a gun a month prior and shot everything that was purchased with it :shrug:

I mean seriously, does best buy not sell dvds alone bc someone who bought a DVD player needs something to go with it....

There are no perfect answers Grasshoppa. :)

I was referring to the time last year when ammunition simply wasn't available anywhere. Even the LGS couldn't get it.

They barely had enough to sell with the guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom