• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Yours is a more recent production civilian gun, not a C&R surplus military gun (the safety on the slide is only on the new production ones), but as with old and new Yugo firearms, they are great and robust, good shooters, but the fit and finish isn't great. Lots of machine marks.

My first surplus Yugo Tokarev was like new, hardly used. The machine work was so rough, the slide would stay back just from friction.

Get out the permanent marker and find where things are rubbing badly and hit them with a stone, some fine grit sandpaper (use a flat backer like a piece of wood), etc. Or just shoot it a bunch, that would probably do it too.

I was impatient so I buffed up a couple problem areas (one was the actual hammer where it contacts the rearward slide) and it is fine now.

Mine came with TWO spare firing pins, are these known to have issues?

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Mine came with TWO spare firing pins, are these known to have issues?
    Not that I know of. Can be tricky to change those out if I remember right. I shot corrosive ammo in mine and took the firing pin out to clean, was a pain to get back together.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    Can be tricky to change those out if I remember right. I shot corrosive ammo in mine and took the firing pin out to clean, was a pain to get back together.

oh yes, yes indeed...
    do it in a box or plastic bag
    (or spend the afternoon hunting for the little parts that zing around the room)

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Not that I know of. Can be tricky to change those out if I remember right. I shot corrosive ammo in mine and took the firing pin out to clean, was a pain to get back together.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm planning on dumping it sooner than later. Got it cheap, and it's by far the most inaccurate pistol I own.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    So here's the current shipping situation. The sent me a label for 2nd day air UPS. I called them back and told them that ups wouldnt ship a handgun that way, they said yes they will we do it all the time. So I said all right I'll try it. Surprise surprise, they wouldn't take it. Same story with Fedex. I called a fedex store and was told, no problem we can ship it ground. Then I go to that same store and they tell me priority air only. So I guess I'm calling them again. I just can't stomach $100 shipping on a $200 gun.

smoothebore

So here's the current shipping situation. The sent me a label for 2nd day air UPS. I called them back and told them that ups wouldnt ship a handgun that way, they said yes they will we do it all the time. So I said all right I'll try it. Surprise surprise, they wouldn't take it. Same story with Fedex. I called a fedex store and was told, no problem we can ship it ground. Then I go to that same store and they tell me priority air only. So I guess I'm calling them again. I just can't stomach $100 shipping on a $200 gun.

Try a FFL-1. Sure it's an extra fee, but they are the only ones that can ship a handgun cheaply and legally.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Shame ammo is either tough to find and it's on the pricey side. Best I found was Selway Armory, 2 boxes PPU delivered was something like 45 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom