• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 02psmwag

Mar 25, 2012
    Shady side
    I am looking to pick up a compact pistol. I own a Xdm and love it so I am interested in a Xds by nature. With the sales both Springfield and S&W are having with the compacts it's made the choice between the 2 a little tougher. What do you guys prefer for compact single stacks. Not a huge fan on the g43&g42 the feeling in the hands isn't as nice as the shield or XDs.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Whichever feels better in Your hand, and/ or you shoot better.

For me, that would be the Shield, but I'm not you.

02psmwag

Mar 25, 2012
    Shady side
    The shield is the way i am leaning i haven't shoot a one. The m&p i shot a few years ago i liked its feel. The XDs wasn't bad but isn't as natural feeling as the shield

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    I am looking to pick up a compact pistol. I own a Xdm and love it so I am interested in a Xds by nature. With the sales both Springfield and S&W are having with the compacts it's made the choice between the 2 a little tougher. What do you guys prefer for compact single stacks. Not a huge fan on the g43&g42 the feeling in the hands isn't as nice as the shield or XDs.

I've always liked the full sized Xdm's, but admittedly have no experience with the Xds. I do, however, own a S&W M&P Shield 9mm and I love it. It's accurate, conceals well, and feels great in my hand. I would try them both (side by side if possible) and go with what you like best.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I would throw the Sig P320 compact in the mix as well, but if I had to choose between the Springfield and the Shield, I'd take the Shield. I tried both and bought the Shield because it just felt more natural in my hands while shooting. But I got the Sig P320 after that and I like it better than the Shield. I wonder what my next favorite will be! Ha Ha :-)

Cal68

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Full disclosure- I'm a Ruger fan

Don't know how compact you want to go, but I own and love both my SR9c and my Lc9s Pro. Both have excellent sights and triggers, but being so comfortable to wear, the Lc9s is my EDC- I try to push it on everyone, because I'm so happy with it.
    There is a significant size and weight difference between the two, as the SR9c is double-stack, and the Lc9s is single. The SR9c is slightly longer and taller as well, I'm 6', 200 lbs, with fairly large hands and I have zero problem with either, nor do I use a mag grip extension on either one- I keep the mag butts flat for concealment.
    The Lc9s simply disappears in concealment- both to the observer AND to the wearer- super comfortable AIWB @ 1 oclock, or IWB at 4:30. A little too big for pocket carry. SR9c, despite being compact, is a little too annoying to conceal given my other choices in the safe.

Worth giving a look, you might find out you like them

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shield fits fine and thin for iwb.
    I just didn't like having to manipulate that "sear release bar" or whatever they call it, in order to take the slide off.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I was an early adopter of the XDS 45. It's slightly shorter than the Shield, the +1 and +2 mags with sleeves are awesome, it's a little heavier, but having fired 9mm versions of both, it's more controllable.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I just didn't like having to manipulate that "sear release bar" or whatever they call it, in order to take the slide off.

I agree about the sear release bar. It is hard for me to get to with my finger. I tend to just pull the trigger to release it like you would on a Glock.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

I agree about the sear release bar. It is hard for me to get to with my finger. I tend to just pull the trigger to release it like you would on a Glock.

Didn't know, I've never taken one apart, I've only ever shot them. Another reason to give an edge to the other excellent subcompact pistols. My vote... XDs. The fiber front sight is perfect.

I'd love to have a P7 but the prices are bananas on those. You could literally buy 4 brand new Glock 43s for the price of a P7.

100% true. Same for the P13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom