• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm still not quite understanding the 1 visit. Someone buying a handgun at a dealer will still have to make 2 trips.

You would have to fill out a 4473 on paper or digital before the MSP can do their checks.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If done correctly it should be happening via a secure connection with your data being encrypted.

And landing decrypted in a relatively undefended Lotus Notes database. Great plan. I'm sure the Russian Mafia endorsed it. If nothing else I'd strongly recommend a prepaid credit card used only for this. And get a credit monitoring service if OPM didn't already give you one. :sad20:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    How long is your input (surname and pin #)good for? I'm not be planning to buy a firearm but might find a deal somewhere too good to pass up. Will my application be good for several months? Or I'm looking for a specific firearm and it might take a month or two to find the one I want.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    And landing decrypted in a relatively undefended Lotus Notes database. Great plan. I'm sure the Russian Mafia endorsed it. If nothing else I'd strongly recommend a prepaid credit card used only for this. And get a credit monitoring service if OPM didn't already give you one. :sad20:

I agree it is a good idea to have a separate credit card for online purchasing.

Get one that allows configuring to notify you of 'card not present' transactions.
    Helps to nip things in the bud when your number is stolen.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    How long is your input (surname and pin #)good for? I'm not be planning to buy a firearm but might find a deal somewhere too good to pass up. Will my application be good for several months? Or I'm looking for a specific firearm and it might take a month or two to find the one I want.
    I don't think they age out until you use one to buy a regulated weapon

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ill agree with you on this, I remember during that rush there MSP held a meeting telling FFLS to release firearms after 7-8 days

After they were sued.

Originally they said that FFLs had to wait for the 77r to come back.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    why not open it up early so we can get in and comfortable. is there going to be a backup to this what happens when it fails? forgive me if these questions are answered i havnt finished reading all comments here yet.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    why not open it up early so we can get in and comfortable. is there going to be a backup to this what happens when it fails? forgive me if these questions are answered i havnt finished reading all comments here yet.

Supposed to be 100% backed up. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I can't imagine the 77r online process being more involved than creating an HQL application.

Creating an account takes seconds of time, clicking and filling out the form can't take but a few minutes.

Not really sure why you are anxious or what you need time to see it for? To each their own.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    i dont trust technology maybe im paranoid who knows. im just expecting thier site to go down in the first 24 hours and then what? no purchase for you!

The way it was explained to me, was that you create the account ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER (or whomever's you choose), and it's your account...a 1 time thing, like joining a forum.

You fill out the 77R online, then get a PIN number, which is then given to the FFL, by you.

THEY can then put the firearm info in, and then they are notified if you're disapproved or not...then you go pick it up/pay for it.

One trip to the FFL...and done.

The FFL will only have access to the same exact info they now have on any 77R required transaction.

Again, this is how it was explained to me...if it works, LOL, it should be pretty nice making only 1 trip to the FFL.

But, I HIGHLY DOUBT it will work as planned, anywhere near that 1/1/17 start date...so I am buying NOW, whatever I know I want in the near future...and will sit back and watch the show, now called the online 77R show...

The Licensing Page is showing baby step moves forward as this image below is on the page with two blue buttons for use but they are still only images and not live

Portal2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom