• ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    El Patron Grande says:

Just needs a little TLC

Yugoslavian-M56-submachinegun.jpg

El Patron Grande doesn't believe things just "buff right out"!

is that an MP-40? I can't even tell because of the 'authentic and richly weathered patina'

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Nah, looks deactivated to me too. I think you got through to him.

Separately I love these gaffs too. It took me a long time to learn what I am talking about WRT all things gun, and in an effort to be 1st safe and 2nd not a total @$$hat, I try to be sure of what I say (and more so what I put in print).

But like you, sometimes (especially when it is "licensed" dealers screwing things up) it makes me pretty angry. The effervescent "Bubbas" that give us all a bad rap.

Update:

The guy wrote to me, telling me that I was an a$$hole, and that he'd just made an error in his original posted description.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    People get butthurt when you call them out. I've been blocked from bidding (and got quite a few loquacious e-mails) by Jimthompson for calling him out.

To make the day even more delightful, a guy on AL posted a gun that I wanted, so I replied right away that I'd take it, and asked for contact information so that I could call him and work out shipping arrangements.

He sent me a phone number late last night--too late for a reasonable person to call--so I waited until 9 am today to call him.

The guy very proudly told me that someone else had contacted him, and when he told that guy the gun was sold, the fellow "offered me more money than I was asking, so I sold it to him, instead!" He was very proud of himself.

Scum bag.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    To make the day even more delightful, a guy on AL posted a gun that I wanted, so I replied right away that I'd take it, and asked for contact information so that I could call him and work out shipping arrangements.

He sent me a phone number late last night--too late for a reasonable person to call--so I waited until 9 am today to call him.

The guy very proudly told me that someone else had contacted him, and when he told that guy the gun was sold, the fellow "offered me more money than I was asking, so I sold it to him, instead!" He was very proud of himself.

Scum bag.

Is there a way to bitch slap him on the forum, through negative seller feedback? Reminds me of Christmas Vacation. "If I had a rubber hose, I would beat you with it!"

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I wasn't aware that "Arisaka" made copies of Mosin-Nagants :crazy:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450620055

Holy mother of GOD does he REALLY expect to get 3 bills for that? Even a decent M44 isn't going to pry me away from that much of my money.

For that you could get one WITH a WHOLE CASE of 7.62R!

But I gotta admit, since it is in New Jersey it must be even more rare than any other Arisaka-copy of a Russian rifle with Chinese lettering....:lol2:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    On GunBroker now... What's not to love? :rolleyes:

"BUBBA BUTSTOCK - Mossberg
    as pictured a "REDNECK" bvutt stock to fit mossberg/coast to doast and similar pump shotguns. sold as is -pretty sure that no-one else will have one."

pix063326428.jpg
    pix113407175.jpg

Pretty sure no one will want one. Just sayin'.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    So, I know nothing about Enfields and can't appreciate the post.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a well used and abused 1920's Lithgow that was refurbed (FTR'd) in the 40's that the seller is trying to trump up as some kind of "super rare, awesome, one of a kind sniper rifle".

He even uses regular parts of standard No.1 Mk. III rifles and tries to make it seem like they are added improvements that didn't already exist. He states, "Lithgow modified the rifle from the receiver up...iron sight protectors (wings), detachable magazine, and a full wood frame covering the barrel for added stability". I also see no "scope mounts" on the receiver. "Octagon bull barrel" and a "spring loaded bolt" (C'mon, really?!). This guy is either as stupid as he sounds, or is really hoping to catching a sucker with a large bank account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom