• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    My 12/6 eForm 4 for my Mac10 was approved today.

This is a strange feeling. For the first time since the summer of 2010, I don't have a stamp pending... I think I'll wait till the eForms come back to do another form 1 for the multitude of SBR's and handguns I'm going to make based on the new "SBR's and handguns can't be assault long guns" (to quote Archer... well duh!).

-Jim

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    just got word that my 12/3 e-form form 4 was received. now if my 11/28 form 1 e-form would be approved that would be great. my message to Dana Pickles has gone un answered. my sbr .22 rimfire form 1 is on hold because of MD law. even though it has nothing to do with rimfire rifles

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    How much are we trusting NFAtracker? I e-filed a form 1 trust on 2/2/14. Have seen a smattering of other efiled forms submitted after mine, being approved.

I'll probably call in the next few days.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    How much are we trusting NFAtracker? I e-filed a form 1 trust on 2/2/14. Have seen a smattering of other efiled forms submitted after mine, being approved.

I look at it every now and then, also what Silencershop.com is receiving in terms on form 3's and 4's (http://www.silencershop.com/support/atf-wait-times/). I know I have quite some time to wait but it's nice to know what dates they're on/around.

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    so you are saying individuals are posting inaccurate info into nfa tracker? Many people would have to conspire to have any negative effect on the over all trustworthiness. All because someones eform got approved before yours? it seems they are around mid december right now so your form 1 would be around july, assuming it is not an sbr. why would you call in the next few days when you should have at least two more months?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    so you are saying individuals are posting inaccurate info into nfa tracker? Many people would have to conspire to have any negative effect on the over all trustworthiness. All because someones eform got approved before yours? it seems they are around mid december right now so your form 1 would be around july, assuming it is not an sbr. why would you call in the next few days when you should have at least two more months?

Ok. Guess I should not ask anymore questions.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA

Right now, NFAtracker has got to be used carefully for eForms. The NFA branch is doing their processing in batches right now. If you put in a form at the date they are currently processing, they are searching to see if you put any other forms in between now and then. If so, they are processing the later put in forms at the same time (so they only have to vet the trust once). So you will see forms approved that appear much later than the actual working date for the NFA branch. Right now, they appear to be approving forms where the transferee put in an initial form sometime around the end of December and Beginning of January.

If you use NFA tracker, you'll have to see when the earliest submission was made for the batch of forms the examiner approved.

-Jim

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Right now, NFAtracker has got to be used carefully for eForms. The NFA branch is doing their processing in batches right now. If you put in a form at the date they are currently processing, they are searching to see if you put any other forms in between now and then. If so, they are processing the later put in forms at the same time (so they only have to vet the trust once). So you will see forms approved that appear much later than the actual working date for the NFA branch. Right now, they appear to be approving forms where the transferee put in an initial form sometime around the end of December and Beginning of January.

If you use NFA tracker, you'll have to see when the earliest submission was made for the batch of forms the examiner approved.

-Jim

Thank you very much

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I mailed my Form 4 on May 13th. USPS said it was delivered on May 15th. Now today I see my check was deposited. Gotta be some kind of record. Even 10 years ago, it took a month or so for them to deposit the check.

Did they change the process or am I just lucky?

Jim Smith

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I mailed my Form 4 on May 13th. USPS said it was delivered on May 15th. Now today I see my check was deposited. Gotta be some kind of record. Even 10 years ago, it took a month or so for them to deposit the check.

Did they change the process or am I just lucky?

Jim Smith

My experience is that they always cash the check quickly(electronically), almost always within a week (at least over the past 4 years).

-Jim

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    When I read your post, I was hoping you weren't just lucky, because my form1 was also delivered 15 May, but the check hasn't been deposited yet. So maybe you were (lucky).

Update 22 May: $200 check processed by bank today (one week after form1 was delivered to Needy Road).

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My FFL mailed a Firm 4 for a can last Wednesday. The check was cashed Monday.

That's gotta be a near record. Being close to Martinsburg probably doesn't hurt either.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I personally mailed mine to
    National Firearms Branch
    BATF&E
    PO Box 530298
    Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

As directed in the upper right hand corner of my Form 4.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom