• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    I know I can't have them shipped to MD:mad54: and I live right around Baltimore so the drive to PA or VA would suck! Would it be legal for me to ship to a friend in Texas and have him ship here? Would make life SO much easier:innocent0. Thanks in advance!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It is legal for you to bring them into MD yourself, whether you bought them in a neighboring state or had them shipped there and went to pick them up. However you can't take ownership of (receive) them while within the state's borders. So your friend can't send to you.

All of the ways to legally posses hi-cap mags involve you leaving the state, at least briefly.

Maryland Criminal Law Code 4-305(b) states…
    “A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm”

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    To look on the bright side, according to Google, the drive from Baltimore to Shrewsbury PA is only 41 minutes ("50 in traffic"). Your buddy in Texas probably has to drive further than that to pick up a six-pack of beer. (I lived in Texas for eight years: I know. )

The great thing about Maryland is you're never more than about 30 miles max from getting out of Maryland.

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    Your buddy in Texas probably has to drive further than that to pick up a six-pack of beer. (I lived in Texas for eight years: I know. )

I have heard that it's a pain to get booze in a lot of gun friendly area's/states. Maybe they want to keep us sauced up to forget about our rights their stampeding on!:lol2:

Thanks again for the great info gonna have to make a trip up north before work one day:sad20:

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    LOL, don't you mean banana and not cucumber?

No, the banana mags take professional equipment to make, most likely not to be found at home. The cucumber on the other hand is easy enough to convert at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom