• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It's been about 10 years since I went to the Frederick gun show, and it is a far cry from what it used to be. I remember tables full of guns and maybe 1 jerky vendor and 1 or 2 knife vendors.

Today I saw maybe 4 firearm vendors and the rest were selling knives, jerky, morale patches, trailer hitch covers, ammo cans, knock off gun parts, MRE's, Molle gear, Alice gear, 80% frames, unknown optics brands, targets, and other weird stuff.

It sure is a sad sight to see that the Frederick gun show had slipped to the point that there were fewer firearm tables than knife tables.

The only saving grace that made the 8 bucks of extortion for entry worth it was seeing the MSI table and watching as Bigfoot, ShafTed, and Kicken Wing were fighting the good fight, to educate the attendees of the show. I spent some time with the 3 of them and was glad I was able to meet Bigfoot and Kicken Wing in person. There down side was that the NRA table was closer to the door than MSI, and MSI was almost in the far back corner of building 9. Even so, it was good seeing the guys in person. How you guys helps the lady in the folding chair was awesome, in addition to the lady that was at the table when I showed up and saw Bigfoot.

Keep the faith my MSI and MDS brothers. I still help with calls and emails in the hopes that it will do something to chip away at the obstacles that prevent you from having the freedom that our creator endowed you with as your birthright.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    My son & I got there after lunch, early afternoon (after the Gettysburg Show). It was a bit disappointing, but there were some things to be had. We got some ammo boxes, a couple gun cases & some other knickknacks. There were some good prices on some ammo, especially buckshot, but I just didn't need any more buckshot. Likewise for some .357 ammo.

Two sellers had pretty nice looking SMSs, South Carroll and another guy, both for $425. I couldn't buy, yet.

All in all, it was better than no show. I'm gonna give them another chance, especially noting it was this promoter's first gig there and the unfortunate weekend choice (in conflict with Gettysburg, so close). Some guy was explaining that they wanted the show a week or two ago, but couldn't get the forum.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm glad there are gun shows again after Silverado folded but the same basic problem exists...MD laws regarding what's legal and what isn't...both guns and magazines. There are more than a few out of state vendors that stopped coming into MD because they didn't want to run afoul of the stupid laws and the burden put on them to segregate what MD considers illegal to sell from their inventory.

Until the MGA rescinds such stupid, irrational and ineffective laws many good vendors will stay away. Gun shows will see increases in vendors selling jerky, shirts, jewelry and knives but little in the way of new gun vendors.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While it may suck compared to 10 , or even 5 yrs ago , it was an improvement over recent ones .

We had better viability than NRA with our banner . We thank the promoters for their generous support with the booth space . It varies from show to show , but often we have prime location near the entrance . ,and endeed we had a fine productive day today .

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I skipped the slow today and tomorrow. However, I did not skip upping my membership amount within MSI and will continue to do so during the year. I will also be making myself available to volunteer this year for MSI activities.

GMG66

Apr 19, 2018
    Went to the show with my grandson, I was disappointed and so was he, should have gone to Gettysburg. It was a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom