• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dplay

Mar 27, 2016
    A.A. co. north
    I want/need a new gun. I've narrowed it down to the sig p229 and M11- A1. I'm leaning toward the M11 but, that darn UID label. Is there a good reason NOT to remove it? If not, is there a preferred way to remove it without damaging the frame?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    M11A1 hands down over a standard p229, you get a lot for the money, no reason to choose another 229 unless you must have more bells and whistles of the higher end models. Stainless and corrosion coated internals, sleeker trigger guard and dustcover sans rail, better 2 piece grips, SRT and a 3rd mag all for about $40 over the base model with night sights, QR sticker can be removed, but it's part of what makes it special IMO. If it must go, a little heat loosens it, soaking with CLP and scraping gently with a toothpick removes it and the adhesive.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I got to finger bang a Legion 229 at the Great American Outdoor show and loved it. I ended up buying a Legion P226 because I wanted the SAO, it is my favorite pistol. I know the marketing and hype around the legion guns is obnoxious but they really are awesome guns. I am still considering a 229 Legion as a carry gun.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'd go for a Legion 229 as well. In fact, I just bought one! If it is as good as the Legion P226 that I already have, I'll be in heaven!

Cal68

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    M11 seems to have a little more balance, to me, than the P229 but you can't go wrong with either one. Not an easy choice.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I read somewhere I don't remember where but something about the legion p-series and the upgrades included don't justify the price increase compared to buying the standard and upgrading yourself.

Feb 28, 2013
    I want/need a new gun. I've narrowed it down to the sig p229 and M11- A1. I'm leaning toward the M11 but, that darn UID label. Is there a good reason NOT to remove it? If not, is there a preferred way to remove it without damaging the frame?

What are yer plans fer this new shootin' iron?

Right tool fer the job, ya know. :)

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The scorpion 226 or 229 are nice . I'm not familiar with the m11 a1? Have to look it up.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    My buddy reseached and drooled over a Sig Elite for couple months before finally getting one. He said it is the best bang for the buck in the Sig lineup, with all the features.

Feb 28, 2013
    I love my 226. Fits my hand nicely, a hell of a lot better than a Glock. Beyond that, ain't nothin' wrong with Glocks of course.

I'll love my Sig a hell of a lot more once I switch it to DA/SA, the way God intended. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom