• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My Department issued G22 has been flawless throught my 11 years of using it. I like the gun so much that I bought a police trade in and had it set up to be identical to my duty weapon to serve as my nightstand gun.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I love mine. I've been nothing but happy and have had no issues. With that being said, I'm currently looking for a G17. I'll be keeping the 22 but I'm sure once I buy a 17 that's the one I'll be putting more rounds through. I've really been burning through some ammo lately and the cost savings from 9mm will be nice.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I don't think you can really go wrong with any model Glock. Most of the popular striker fired DAO pistols on the market today are really just Glock clones and everyone knows that "imitation is the highest form of flattery". I have to say though, for as much as we brow beat about the .40 S&W, I take the same beating about carrying a 9mm from the .40 crowd. To each his own. Both are fully capable of one shot kills with a fair margin of error.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I bought a police trade in G22 from Lou at Shooter's Discount a couple years ago. Reasonable price for a great gun.

This. Say what you want about the caliber, but .40s are available as police trade-ins and 9mm's aren't. There's nothing wrong with Lou's used guns unless you really want a NiB gun that looks pretty. Mechanically, police trade-ins are often better as somebody already broke the gun in for you and proved that it works.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    glocks are good guns. as others have pointed out 9mm is cheaper to shoot. I dont have any 40 pistols anymore because I ended up not shooting it much. I do have the 40 slide for my beretta 92 but dont use it much. just my $0.02.
    Platekiller

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I've put 3000 rounds through my third gen Glock 17 in the last 4 months. No problems. As for 9mm vs. .40S&W, I went with what I could afford to shoot a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom