• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    A few years ago I swore to myself that I would never go back to MSAR. I joined Mt. Washington Rod and Gun Club and normally shoot at the AGC.

Today I was reminded why I will never go back to the MSAR. Because of the rain, and my impatience, I decided to make the 40 min trek to this indoor range to function check my AR build, and get out of the house for a little bit.

Well, I arrive to the range at 12pm, there was 3 parties waiting for a rifle lane, and told that there would be a short wait.

At 1:15pm, I approach the counter to inquire about having waited over 1 hour. I was perplexed that rifle lanes being rented by the hour have not turned. The guy behind the counter explained to me that there were only 3 rifle lanes being utilized because of training going on. Further, he said that he could not kick people of of lanes if they decided to purchase additional hours for lanes.

While others went to complain to a manger, and were given an email address for complaints, I left. I decided that even if the range were to rectify the issue, I was already not in the mood or any position to enjoy myself shooting.

While I blame myself for waiting as long as I did, I do believe in honesty with people, and MSAR could have just said that they were training, and the wait would be long.

I know why I have not been back in over two years, and it will be another 2 years before I decided if I will give it another try.

Good Job MSAR :thumbsup: way to lose customers :tdown:

Learn to respect people's time.

I saw at least three other groups leave, and I hope for the sake of teaching business lessons, they never come back.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    ngbbs484f3a7ae2ae2.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Seriously though, I feel your pain. I've waited a long time at places only be told the reason why on my SECOND inquiry instead of being up front. Also shown up to another range only to find a handwritten "we closed early" sign on the door. This after I called to verify hour of operation :rolleyes:

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    I went there today as well. Arrived a little after 2pm and was told there was about a 2 1/2 wait. I guess after you and a few others complained they decided to start telling people immediately about the wait. I haven't had to opportunity to shoot in a long while and was really looking forward to getting some time in today.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I was in there yesterday around 1130 to pickup a handgun I had bought back before Christmas.

The waiting area was jammed up and folks were getting pissy.

Feb 28, 2013
    Sounds like typical asshattery for the same MSAR that showed up here and decided they wanted to advertise in Shooters' Discount's IP section.

Feb 28, 2013
    hey, the internet is hard to work. Honest mistake Im sure :innocent0

I just looked to see if he was banned for it, and apparently they're an IP here too.

If that was a honest mistake I'll retract my statement. But as it stands right now, their name is Mud as far as I'm concerned.:cool:

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I just looked to see if he was banned for it, and apparently they're an IP here too.

If that was a honest mistake I'll retract my statement. But as it stands right now, their name is Mud as far as I'm concerned.:cool:

+1 as for MUD

I will not retract my statement.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Well the good news is that the ranges are busy and people are shooting. In the big picture, that's good.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Actually, the range was not busy.

MSAR was hosting a Training class, and letting people build up in the waiting area.

Nobody was shooting except for rent a cops in for qualifying training.

:banghead:

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Looks like their new outrageous hourly fee is making such a huge difference like they claimed it would. I'm dead center btw MSAR and Freestate. Needless to say I will pay the tolls to go north and still be better off.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I can imagine neck beards shaking with rage as their cheesesteak subs fall out of carryout bags. It's like double ownage. Long wait, and knowing there's a group of people in there who can rack one in the chamber, stuff her in a Safariland and walk around in public lawfully.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Last 2 times I went there ( about 2 years ago) I waited about 2 hours after which I was told that I wasn't going to get on the range because it was late and none of the lanes weren't going to open up, and another time I was told their was a 3hr wait. After that I decided to join Berywn and been very happy. The only thing that sucks are cold and rainy days. For this reason I'm also thinking about Freestate also.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Last 2 times I went there ( about 2 years ago) I waited about 2 hours after which I was told that I wasn't going to get on the range because it was late and none of the lanes weren't going to open up, and another time I was told their was a 3hr wait. After that I decided to join Berywn and been very happy. The only thing that sucks are cold and rainy days. For this reason I'm also thinking about Freestate also.

I've had waits from time to time at freestate but nothing like that.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Off Target is worse than the other two. I much prefer not being followed home or have some idiot shooting sideways next to me.
    Obviously you haven't been to MSAR it is well known for both things you mentioned. Not to mention they sell groupons which brings in lots of rent a gun gangsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom