• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Just wanted to show off my new shotgun, a Beretta A300 Outlander. The gun is fairly new on the market so there is not a lot of reviews on the net that I have been able to find. I figured I would give a mini review here. Most of the few reviews I did find have great things to say about the shotgun. A few, who seem not to follow instructions, had bad things to say about the shotgun. I found the coveted wood stocked Outlander which seems to be the harder model to find at the moment. At a price tag of under $800 out the door, I was very pleased with the fit and finish when compared to higher dollar shotguns. The wood is oil finished walnut I believe and the gun is a clean, well done, matte black. It is a very handsome shotgun. As many have suggested, I ran 50rds of higher velocity loads through the gun before I started feeding it cheap Walmart ammo. I used Winchester AA, 2 3/4, 1 1/8oz, 7 1/2 shot, 1300fps. This is supposed to break in the gun and help it function better down the road. Now I have only fired 125 shell through it to date. Fifty being the Winchester AA and the rest being Federal ammo from Walmart. Hardly a good test, I know. But this seem to be where people start having issues and thus far, it is flawless. The very same can be said for the two camo Outlanders that my friends bought at the same time I purchased mine. The piston dampens the recoil enough to make it manageable and a pleasure to shoot for all three of the women we let us them. All around, this is a great value shotgun and I am extremely pleased with it. So much so, I am thinking of picking up another wood Outlander for my wife and a camo model for myself!

Attachments

• A300.JPG
      A300.JPG
      98.6 KB · Views: 4,980
    • a300 1.JPG
      a300 1.JPG
      117 KB · Views: 5,007
    • a300 2.JPG
      a300 2.JPG
      48.9 KB · Views: 4,679
    • matt a300.jpg
      matt a300.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 4,636
    • elana a 300.jpg
      elana a 300.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 4,610
    • dan a300.jpg
      dan a300.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 4,610
    • katie a300.jpg
      katie a300.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 4,546

Grumbler

Jan 27, 2013
    Great to hear. I have been looking at these and I now think it will be my next purchase.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    My friends and I really enjoy the Outlanders we bought. I just need to get more time to shoot it! They actually had a synthetic Outlander at dicks sporting goods in whitemarsh Thursday for $700 if you are looking for one.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    Beretta makes a great shotguns and there semi-autos are top notch.. at the trap, skeet and other sporting games if someone is using a semi-auto.. 9 out of 10 are Beretta's.
    great choice!! nice looking gun with wood! i have only seen the black plastics ones. the camo ones looks great too.
    nice pictures you all looked like your have a lot of fun!! thats what counts!

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Great report. I have the Outlander's cousin the A400 and love it. I've been thinking about one of these in camo as well.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Just went to loch raven this morning and fired 100 more rounds. Still no flaws in my friends or my Outlander. We all have a blast shooting clays, even if we only hit 50% of them!! It's so addictive!

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    There was one of these as a raffle prize at a golf tournament I recently played. My dad was considering buying from the lady who ended up with it. Nice to hear that it's a great gun.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Just a quick update on theses Outlanders if anyone is interested. Its been a couple months now and all three of our Outlanders have had over 1500rds put through them with no issues. We have used them to introduce new people to shooting and everyone has loved them. It is still cycling everything I feed it(mostly cheap Walmart ammo). I'm still planning on buying at least one more for my wife. Maybe another one for me :o)

jtskier11

Oct 19, 2013
    Still holding up well for you? Fit and finish still good on the gun and how is the wood?? Also is the finish on this guns barrel and receiver matte? I'm just about to buy one of these myself. For as much as I shoot clays I don't think I can justify a gun north of $900 bucks. I don't think a gun that utilizes the 391 gas system can be beat for the price these go for.

Sent from my GT-p6810 using Tapatalk

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I bought two A300's for my sons who shoot trap, sporting clays and skeet with 4H. I shoot an AL 391 Urika. The A300's have the same finish as the OP; walnut furniture and matte black finish. They don't look as pretty as my 391 which costed about $500 more than the A300's, but they shoot every bit as nice. Great shotguns for the price. Mine were $760 all in (Gunbroker and FFL fee).

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    It is still going strong. I have lost exact count, but its several hundred more than my last post. I have had absolutely no issues to date. My buddy even took his duck or goose hunting. No issues in the field either. The metal finish is a matte black. It's not blued, it's more like a very nice parkerize, for lack of better discription. The woods finish is still great. In my opinion, a very nice oiled finish. I really can't recommend this shotgun enough. I am just so please with it. Especially for under $800 after taxes.

Dan, I'm glad to hear real clay shooters use them! I've never shot the 391, but again very glad to hear the action can campare to a higher $$ gun.

jtskier11

Oct 19, 2013
    Good to hear guys. Im gonna end up picking one up off Gunbroker and im stoked! Side note, this was the only forum I came across that an A300 shooter actually posted GOOD pictures of his gun. Im actually from Kansas so I hope you dont mind a non-Maryland poster! None of the local shops have the wood gun nor do they know it even exists so it was hard for me to make a decision on it because I just wanted to see one. The synthetic Outlander was nice though so I can only imagine how nice the wood gun looks. The pictures the OP took helped make my decision. Plus my wife will be happy knowing I didnt drop a grand on a clay buster.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Glad to hear my review and pics could help someone else! I don't think anyone minds you are from out of state. If anything, most of us would envy being out of state! When you get your A300, feel free to post a few more pictures I this thread if you like. Maybe different angles could help someone else.

Sdshipe

Sep 29, 2013
    I just commited on a new outlander with camo. I found some very big variation in the listing prices (PM me and Ill send you to where I found the best prices)...but I was hoping someone had a review of the materials used and the differences between the 391...it seems like the difference in many economic models is the grade of materials for internals but Ihavent found any detail outside of a new "steelium" in the barrel....any info is welcome...thanks,

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I'm glad to see others have joined the cult of the A300 :evilgrin3

I've got a synthetic with over 500 rounds of cheap target loads through it, zero malfunctions, nice recoil, and it's very light, which I like.

I think it's a great value if you want an autoloader. Although I may be biased because mine was my first firearm so I will always have a special bond with it.

It's been awhile since mine left it's cave so maybe I'll get it out later, clean it up and take some crap-awful cell phone pictures.

jtskier11

Oct 19, 2013
    Picked it up today. Really is a pretty nice gun, I like it. Gun is stamped Made in Accokeek and the barrel is stamped Made in Italy. Gonna break it in sunday! I took a few quick pictures and hosted them.
    20131024_191607.jpg

20131024_191711.jpg

20131024_191817.jpg

20131024_191927.jpg

20131024_192010.jpg

20131024_191758.jpg

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Very nice. Just picked up an A400 and its been flawless as well... Couple rounds of trap and a day in the duck blind without a hitch. I think beretta has got shotguns perfected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom